Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Please elaborate all information
Dear Mr. Anshul,
Greeting's for the day!!!
After passing your twelfth class, a course in nutrition and dietetics can offer you an exciting career opportunity. A degree in Home Science or Hotel Management would take you to higher levels of knowledge regarding nutrition and dietetics.
Conventionally, in India, it is the women who venture into this domain. However, due to ample opportunities these days, men are also pursuing a career in this field.
- Required Skills:
You could follow the steps mentioned below to get hired as a dietician:
You are expected to have good communication skills. Thus, sound optimistic and confident during interviews.
If you work in top Companies, you must have strong Communication Skills.
- Tips for Speaking With Individuals With Limited Literacy:
- Limit the number of concepts you teach at one time. Less is more if patients understand the information.
- Use simple, jargon-free language and define technical terms. According to Health Literacy From A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message by Helen Osborne, MEd, OTR/L, patients often do not understand jargon. For example, in healthcare, "unremarkable" generally means you're fine, while "positive" means you're not.
- Organize information so that the most important messages stand out. Repeat these vital messages.
- Ask patients to "teach back" what you just taught. For example, ask, "I want to be sure that I did a good job explaining an appropriate diet for high blood pressure because it can be confusing. Can you tell me which foods are high in salt?" If the patient does not repeat the information correctly, rephrase it rather than simply repeating it.
- Be an active listener. Encourage patients to share information they feel is necessary for their visit. Pose open-ended questions. Instead of asking, "Do you have any questions?" ask the patient, "What questions do you have for me?"
- Use demonstrations and hands-on activities. Practice reading food labels with patients and clients and demonstrate portion sizes using food models. Repetition of skills helps build confidence and improve recall.
- Job Prospect:
As a career, hotels, cruise lines, hospitals, nursing homes and government health departments recruit nutrition and dietetics professionals for a good salary. If you join a shipping company such as Shell, Maersk or their subsidiary companies that run tourist ships along with logistics and oil etc, you would get the opportunity to travel to several countries situated along the shorelines.
- Pay Packet:
A fresher who has completed a course in Nutrition and Dietetics may draw anywhere between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 in a standard hospital or nursing home of repute. Several sports organizations, companies and factories hire these professionals for designing a healthy menu for their cafeteria. Spas and clinics hire dieticians to use them for designing healthy, low-calorie monthly food charts for their customers. When combined with a degree in hotel management, the salary levels could be between Rs 20,000 to Rs 25,000.
- Job Roles:
A course in nutrition and dietetics is as good as a hotel management course if knowledge is continuously upgraded about foods, measurement scales, and medical implications. If you are employed in a hospital, you can learn a lot about nursing and pharmacy which could be further used to complement your career as a dietician.
- Top Companies:
The top 5 companies in the hospitality industry hiring nutrition professionals are as mentioned below:
- Hyatt Corporation- Accor Hospitality- Taj Group of Hotels- Vatika Group- Le Meridien
Besides these, there are several companies in other industries such as Apollo group of hospitals, AIIMS and other private nursing homes that hire nutritionists and dieticians. Top-ended sports clubs and fitness centres also employ these professionals.
Further doubts or queries feel free to contact.
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
FreeLancer Academic and Career Guidance Counsellor
Mrs. Halima is a postgraduate in psychology from Osmania University and a International Diploma in Guidance & Counseling in collaboration with COL, Canada. She posses Enormous experience in Academic and Psychological Counseling and had done Project on “Counseling & Guidance using ACA & APA standards “, “Motivation to enhance academic achievements”,” Comparative analysis of Self Confidence of undergraduate boys & girls”. She had worked as an Academic Research Associate at Indian Institute of Management, Indore. She specializes in educational, career and academic counseling and guidance, Organizational behavior.
Dr. Apurva is a doctorate and a post graduate in clinical psychology from the M S University of Baroda. He is an alumnus of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai and Columbia University of New York City,USA. He posses extensive experience in the field of counseling. He worked with many organizations, Government departments as a behavioral consultant and trainer. He has been serving as a resource person, mentor and master trainer to train counselors in various States. He regularly writes blogs, articles, book reviews and papers. Currently, he is working with International Non-for-profit organization and providing counseling services.
Regional Manager at CL Educate Ltd. Navi Mumbai
Ms. Bharati has an experience of more than 10yrs with CL Educate Ltd into career counseling for students at Std XIIth level .she excels in Guiding and preparation required Though technically an MCA she found her interest in interacting with students and mentoring them in all situations be it career choice or preparation or stress management.Realizing the benefits of Meditation she studied M.D.(A.M.), Alternative and Complementary Medicine and Medical Systems.
See All Questions