Amitabh Bachchan has been the face of Indian Cinema for more than three Decades. He has not just revolutionised the term Super Star he has been the Idol for every actor since his time. From Myriad movies and roles as vibrant and versatile as the next one to establishing himself as an Icon for the Nation, he has changed the term Icon in itself. Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur and for a short time Politician, Amitabh Bachchan has been there and done it all like nobody else.
- Arts in Nainital’s Sherwood College,B.Sc.from Kirori Mal College,DU
- National Film Award for Best Newcomer
- Lifetime Achievement
- Film Fare Super Star of the Millennium award
- Padma Bushan
- Best Host for Kaun Banega Crorepati
- National Film Awards for Best Actor
- an Honorary Doctorate from the Jhansi University
- Filmfare and other magazine awards for both Best Supporting Actor as well as Best Actor
- Amitabh Bachchan started his career as a freight broker for Bird and Co, a shipping firm based in Calcutta(Kolkatta).
- He later quit his job when he got his first role in the now classic movie “Saat Hindustani” directed by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas. He even won the National Award for Best Newcomer.
- Amitabh Bachchan then rose to fame through roles in Anand, Parwana andGuddi in the short period between 1969 to 1972.
- Amitabh Bachchan had also lent his voice for the film Bawarchi where he was the Narrator.
- 1973 to 1983 saw Amitabh Bachchan rise to be the greatest superstar in Bollywood of all time. Starting with his Angry Young Man image which was created with the periodic classic Zanjeer, Abhimaan, Deewar etc. During the same period he also acted in the famous Sholay which is considered as the Film of the Millennium.
- During the period between 1982 to 1987 Amitabh Bachchan would stop his acting career due to his near fatal injury while shooting for the film Coolie. When he suffered from a ruptured spleen. Amitabh Bachchan entered politics in 1984 supporting Rajiv Gandhi and the Congress Party. He contested for the Allahabad seat and won by a huge margin.
- Amitabh Bachchan set up the Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Ltd. (ABCL) in 1996 which eventually collapsed financially and operationally in 1997.after being the sponsor of the 1996 Miss World pageant in Bangalore. He would suffer the greatest slump of his career in this period.
- The new Millennium however also brought with it a resurgent Amitabh Bachchan. With his career rocketing off with his part as Host of Kaun Banega Crorepati, a quiz show.
- It was also the period of revival of his acting career in the big screen with back to back hit films such as Mohabbatein, Ek Rishtaa,Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham and Baghban.. He has also acted in the famous Sarkar series which is loosely based on The Godfather trilogy. He has also acted in the critically acclaimed movie Black.His latest movie Paa has been a commercial as well as critically acclaimed hit.
It is a common trait among many a great personality. Humility is what makes you remain true to your profession and work just as hard as you did the first day you start. It is what keeps you exploring new roles and new professions as well.
Pick yourself up from Disaster :
His Project Management Skills are today taught in management schools across the country. While he has not undergone any dedicated training for Project Management. Simple designation and division of work among his subordinates has managed to give him the remarkable results that were once taught impossible in a country riddled with delays. Sreedharan achieves timely completion of projects by dividing the project between sub-managers and giving them each a deadline. He reviews daily progress reports. He also meets with top staff and consultants weekly.
Good Will :
While it is great that you are a successful man and may have made so on your own. It is also important to maintain goodwill with all those surrounding you. Amitabh Bachchan has maintained his goodwill among all the Film Fraternity and it has also gone onto help him in his darkest days. His relationship with politician Amar Singh is also another example of this Goodwill. Great Careers are not made alone. They are a product of collaboration among team mates and co-workers. It is thus important to take this lesson. Goodwill is an important factor in a Successful Career.