In today’s time, social media plays an important role in our lives. It has made our life easier and interesting. In the time of web 2.0 and with great internet facilities, many people are communicating online through a new medium. Social Networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn are quite popular. There are hundreds of million active users daily on social media. The different platforms are used to share, engage and collaborate with their peer group of people for marketing strategies.
According to a study, it proves many marketers use that social media as the next gold rush. First, we need to understand social media marketing and the aim of it. So far you may think it is making a page on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or anywhere else. The primary aim of social media marketing is to run an ad, right? But it does not limit social media marketing to this. If your customer has any queries and he cannot come to your store, he can use social media. So this is also a part of social media marketing. Therefore, social media is beyond our minds. If you want to sell your product, then you can sell your products via social media and create brand awareness. It is a good way of brand awareness.
We can divide social media into 4 parts:
1. Collaborative – It means two or more two people work. Like, In Wikipedia, anyone can write it. Several influencers also collaborate with brands across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
2. Blog and micro-blog – A blog means written content on blogging platforms such as WordPress. People will comment on your blogs and you can reply to them and build a connection with them.
3. Social networking sites– Here we can communicate with our friends, share content with several people, and make online friends too. It also helps us get information about several things.
4. Virtual gaming – Any online game where we play also allows us to communicate with anyone in the world. This also helps us in building connections and know several people in India and abroad.
tips for beginners
- The first thing you need to do is pick the right social media network. It could be any platform where you can work according to your preferences.
Having Good LinkedIn Is As Important As Good Resume
2. The second thing is to create content. Yes, sometimes you might feel that you don’t have followers. But it shouldn’t matter a lot cause eventually you’ll gain followers if you put out quality content. You should start by making a good profile that attracts people and then it gets to content.
3. The next thing is you need to do is build a connection. Make connections with your friends and engage with them. Make sure you make people feel connected.
4. The last tip is don’t go for the follower’s count. It all about having a valuable connection, a personal one. The content should be amazing and should have quality. Keep making quality content and you’ll gain followers.
The rise of social media marketing has changed the way how customers engage with companies and how people share their experiences with the mass.
By – Bharti Sharma