Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Respected Sir / Madam,
I have pursued a bachelors in Medical laboratory technology from ITM-IHS institute from panvel , new mumbai, now i wish to pursue either btech in marine engineering or bsc in nauticle science , so can i stand a chance to get admission to it or else i may have a chance to pursue bsc in nauticle science only via diploma in nauticle science , the problem is my 10 + 2 is not pcm it's mcvc mlt meaning , minimum competency vocational course's medical laboratory technology. Even if i get the admission to dns then i will have a lateral entry to bscnsc.And also will i have to go for cet test for dns or else i can head directly to bscns or btech marine engineering via cet test. Please reply me soon as i am awaiting your reply.
Hello Mohamed Yusufjee,
Firstly congratulations you have done your Bachelors in MLT.
Secondly I am unable to understand why you wish to get into Mechanical or Nautical Sciences.
As such, as you have written, you would be eligible for the Diploma program after MCVC course and then pursue a B.Sc program.
Rather I would advise, you to go ahead with the MLT profession and gain experience.
Wish you good luck...
Respected sir / madam,
As far as joining Merchant navy is concerned, one can also join post 10th, with the help of Pre-sea training course.In this course you will get proper training of maintenance of engine as well as deck . It is also known as G.P.R (General Purpose Training) The time duration of this course is 06 months and age limit is joining this course is 17 to 25 years.
Since you are already an MLT, you can start working in Pathology labs, clinics, hospitals etc.
As far as further courses are concerned, there are certificate courses available like:Certificate Course in Anesthesia TechnologyCertificate Course in Blood Bank TechnologyCertificate Course in Cardiac TechnologyCertificate Course in Clinical Diagnostic TechniquesCertificate Course in E.C.G TechnicianCertificate Course in Laboratory TechniquesCertificate Course in Radiography and Imaging Technique
Diploma in Cardiovascular Technology (DVCT)Diploma in Clinical AnalysisDiploma in Clinical Diagnostic TechniquesDiploma in Medical Imaging TechnologyDiploma in Medical Lab TechnologyDiploma in Medical Record TechnologyDiploma in Respiratory Therapy TechnicianDiploma in X-Ray and ECG TechnologyEnhanced Certificate in Molecular Diagnostics
Hope this helps
Wish you good luck...........
You are taking a big risk by saying 'AS OF NOW interest in merchant navy field".
If you select career option on such basis, I am sure you will land in problem. If you have developed interest in merchant navy for now, then you may develop interest in some other field later. In career there is nothing called as 'AS OF NOW' option.
To be best sure of what suits you for your career, I would suggest you to undergo an online psychometric test from CareerGuide IdealCareerTest which will help you understand yourself in respect of your strengths, weaknesses, emotional quotient, etc. and will exactly tell you which career is ideal for you.You can then call counsellors to discuss.
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
Counselor at Rajalakshmi Engineering College
Education & Career Counselling, Intervention therapies for children with learning disabilities. Remedial Training and counselling for Teachers and Parents.
Counsellor and Remedial Trainer at Life Healthcare Multi Speciality Rehabilitation Centre, Chennai.
Counsellor and Special Educator at Meennakshi Matriculation School, Chennai
FreeLancer Academic and Career Guidance Counsellor
Mrs. Halima is a postgraduate in psychology from Osmania University and a International Diploma in Guidance & Counseling in collaboration with COL, Canada. She posses Enormous experience in Academic and Psychological Counseling and had done Project on “Counseling & Guidance using ACA & APA standards “, “Motivation to enhance academic achievements”,” Comparative analysis of Self Confidence of undergraduate boys & girls”. She had worked as an Academic Research Associate at Indian Institute of Management, Indore. She specializes in educational, career and academic counseling and guidance, Organizational behavior.
Recruitment (Merchant Navy)
1. Giving the counseling to students for our various courses running by SIMS.
2. Giving appropriate Career guidance according to their qualification and area of interest.
3. Generating enquiries and following up the same.
4. Representing the institute in exhibitions, education fairs and info desk.
5. Organizing seminars and events in different institute, collage & university.
6. Giving presentations in colleges & coaching classes. Maintaining the long term relationship with them.
7. Implementing pre & post marketing activities for successful completion of course.
8. Conducting market research target groups – educational institutes, students, Alumni to examine the market trend and preference for sea courses.
9. Analyze the competitor’s information and suggest improvements to attract new clients into SIMS fold.
10. Conducting corporate promotional and business development campaigns for SIMS.
11. Bringing in new business by prospecting.
12. Coordinating between various SIMS field office & Institute. Conduct of complete entrance exam procedures in your respective area.
13. Asst in arranging education loans for candidates.
14. Liaison & necessary coordination with DG Shipping, IMU, approved Doctors & government agencies towards planning, conduct & implementation of entrance exam & complete selection process.
See All Questions
Face To Face