Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Exam Results Are Out! Don't Panic, Scientifically Plan Your Career
Take Career Counselling
Can you clarify my confusion
Pretty interesting question.
But please niote that evry job related to dealing with people will require you to be good at Interpersonal Skills.
When it comes to serving as a Pilkot.Please note, you would be communicating with:
Though you are not interacting with the passengers to a large extent, but definitely with the co-pilot and the technical team. So Yes you would have to be accommodating and friendly or rather an approachable entity. And being a team, even if it is work related exchanges, you would still have to interact with each other apart from just job related so as to be comfortable with each other during the flight hours.
Hope this helps.
Wish you good luck..........
Thanks for writing to us. Meghna has very well explained you the use of interpersonal skills in your profession.
Inter-personal skills (know as non-technical skills) are important for pilot. Pilots require decision making and interpersonal skills required to address human error by managing resources within the organized.
One of the interesting research points out interpersonal skills which are part of the curriculum and are important for pilots. You can access the study from this link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090598X13001034
Following skills are important for pilots:
Cooperation: Team building and maintaining cooperation within team. It includes establishing an atmosphere for open communication and participation; understanding condition of other crew members into account while behaving or taking any decision and helping other crew members in a demanding situation
Leadership and managerial skills: Use assertiveness, taking initiative to ensure involvement and task completion; planning and co-ordinating; and workload management
Situation awareness: System awareness; monitoring and reporting changes in system; collecting information about the environment and identifying possible/future problems and necessary actions
Decision making: Problem definition/diagnosis; reviewing causal factors with other crew members; risk assessment; directing alternative courses of action; participatory
Hope this is helpful. If you still have query, feel free to write to us. You can talk to me or any of us.
Wish best wishes for bright career!
Cheers,Apurva Kumar Pandya, PhD
In order to post replies to the question: "Do I need to be good at my interpersonal skills to be an Airline Pilot?"
Recruitment (Merchant Navy)
1. Giving the counseling to students for our various courses running by SIMS.
2. Giving appropriate Career guidance according to their qualification and area of interest.
3. Generating enquiries and following up the same.
4. Representing the institute in exhibitions, education fairs and info desk.
5. Organizing seminars and events in different institute, collage & university.
6. Giving presentations in colleges & coaching classes. Maintaining the long term relationship with them.
7. Implementing pre & post marketing activities for successful completion of course.
8. Conducting market research target groups – educational institutes, students, Alumni to examine the market trend and preference for sea courses.
9. Analyze the competitor’s information and suggest improvements to attract new clients into SIMS fold.
10. Conducting corporate promotional and business development campaigns for SIMS.
11. Bringing in new business by prospecting.
12. Coordinating between various SIMS field office & Institute. Conduct of complete entrance exam procedures in your respective area.
13. Asst in arranging education loans for candidates.
14. Liaison & necessary coordination with DG Shipping, IMU, approved Doctors & government agencies towards planning, conduct & implementation of entrance exam & complete selection process.
professor at maritime/management Institute
I wish my years at sea and in the navy ----- full of rich experience is of use to the next generation of sea farers
Was awarded gold medal first rank in Diploma in port management
Specialties: I years diploma in logistic management
2 year diploma in port development and management
M Phil in management
Educationist/Director at Ashoka Education Foundation
Mr Dr.Jawahar is a doctorate in Psychology from the University of Washington. He had conducted 1202 seminars across the globe globe on various education and corporate issues with leading media houses and the UNO. He had been awarded Bharat Shiksha Ratna Samman Man of the Year-India by the US State for exemplary service in social education. He is also a author of Bestselling International Parenting Guide "Mama and Me". He is Vice President of the Chattisgarh Chapter of NHRD Network
See All Questions