Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Exam Results Are Out! Don't Panic, Scientifically Plan Your Career
Take Career Counselling
Give More Insights On It
Maths is not compulsory for it .You should pass class 12 exam with any stream
@ratnasharma28 As far as my understanding goes Maths is compulsory for it
Engineering without Maths does not exist and Maths is the base for any engineering studies. More the sound understanding of Maths, the better the Engineer will be.
Marine engineering broadly refers to the engineering of boats, ships, oil rigs and any other marine vessel or structure. Specifically, marine engineering is the discipline of applying engineering sciences, mostly mechanical engineering and electrical engineering, to the development, design, operation and maintenance of watercraft propulsion and on-board systems; e.g. power and propulsion plants, machinery, piping, automation and control systems etc. for marine vehicles of any kind like surface ships, submarines etc.
Marine Engineering involves high mathematics definitely. The below tasks of a Marine Engineer / in Marine Engineering require Maths:
PhysicsMechanics of marine technologyThermodynamicsDifferential equationsFluid mechanicsControl circuitsShip dynamicsElectric machineryMarine design methods
Just here would like to add, that Engineering is a field which is into making of things and objects.
For such measurements, one needs to be good with Probability or estimations, force required, how much deep the digging needs to be done and other forms of calculations for which MATH is a must.
Hope this clears the concept further.
In order to post replies to the question: "How Important It Is To Have Sound Understanding Of Mathematics To Become A Marine Engineer?"
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
FreeLancer Academic and Career Guidance Counsellor
Mrs. Halima is a postgraduate in psychology from Osmania University and a International Diploma in Guidance & Counseling in collaboration with COL, Canada. She posses Enormous experience in Academic and Psychological Counseling and had done Project on “Counseling & Guidance using ACA & APA standards “, “Motivation to enhance academic achievements”,” Comparative analysis of Self Confidence of undergraduate boys & girls”. She had worked as an Academic Research Associate at Indian Institute of Management, Indore. She specializes in educational, career and academic counseling and guidance, Organizational behavior.
Counselor at Rajalakshmi Engineering College
Education & Career Counselling, Intervention therapies for children with learning disabilities. Remedial Training and counselling for Teachers and Parents.
Counsellor and Remedial Trainer at Life Healthcare Multi Speciality Rehabilitation Centre, Chennai.
Counsellor and Special Educator at Meennakshi Matriculation School, Chennai
Recruitment (Merchant Navy)
1. Giving the counseling to students for our various courses running by SIMS.
2. Giving appropriate Career guidance according to their qualification and area of interest.
3. Generating enquiries and following up the same.
4. Representing the institute in exhibitions, education fairs and info desk.
5. Organizing seminars and events in different institute, collage & university.
6. Giving presentations in colleges & coaching classes. Maintaining the long term relationship with them.
7. Implementing pre & post marketing activities for successful completion of course.
8. Conducting market research target groups – educational institutes, students, Alumni to examine the market trend and preference for sea courses.
9. Analyze the competitor’s information and suggest improvements to attract new clients into SIMS fold.
10. Conducting corporate promotional and business development campaigns for SIMS.
11. Bringing in new business by prospecting.
12. Coordinating between various SIMS field office & Institute. Conduct of complete entrance exam procedures in your respective area.
13. Asst in arranging education loans for candidates.
14. Liaison & necessary coordination with DG Shipping, IMU, approved Doctors & government agencies towards planning, conduct & implementation of entrance exam & complete selection process.
See All Questions
Face To Face