Dakshak Nagrale

I am currently pursuing MA psychology. i want to study ahead and specialize in clinical psychology. what are my best options

I will complete my masters in psychology by may, 2012. i would like to work for a while and apply for further education alongside. i want to specialize in clinical psychology. i need help finding the best options for the same so i can practice psychology in the future. i am looking for courses in india and abroad. i would be very grateful for any sort of guidance.

by Dakshak Nagrale
1 answer
| Share :

1 answer

RE: I am currently pursuing MA psychology. i want to study ahead and specialize in clinical psychology. what are my best options

Deepti Sharma
Deepti Sharma
Verified Career Expert
Career Counselor & Volunteer at Manovikas Kendra
  • Hyderabad

Dear sherya,

Psychologist need to be someone who can help other to solve there problems in best possible way. Apart from a good education you need to have those counseling skills in you, to handle all sorts of clients. Clinical psychologist are someone who take cases related to substance abuse, mental retarded , severe chronic problems, personality disorders etc etc . For this you need to have good practical skills , strong mental level, physically fit, and of course qualification.

After your master's you can start as intern under any clinical psychologist.And learn practical skills.

You can enroll yourself for PHD program and keep working along with it. If not interested in Phd than you can do some PG diploma courses in Clinical psychology, Counseling psychology, Rehabilitation psychology, Counseling skills or any specialized course according to your interest.

If interested in teaching , B.ed special education or Mphil are good options.

All the best

In order to post replies to the question: "I am currently pursuing MA psychology. i want to study ahead and specialize in clinical psychology. what are my best options"

Post Reply


What aptitude and skills required to get selected in the top Air Hostess Institutes?

Hello Rohit,  As such to be an Airhostess firstly you need to clear the entrance exam. The test would mainly focus on your language skills, hospi .. read more

I want to pursue masters in mass communication regular degree course in Delhi as in Ip university i cnt get admission and in amity also because of long distance please suggest me best as i want to become a lecturer

Dear Aspirant, It is really nice to know that you are interested in doing your masters in mass communication through regular mode. For Masters in Mass .. read more

occupational therapist as a career

Hello Naveen, A Occupational therapist is mainly considered as a rehabilitation specialist. They are mainly into handling issues related to physical i .. read more

i passed my 12 with commerce how do i get addmission in BSC agriculture

Hello Keshav,   Sorry to say, but you are not eligible for a B.Sc in Agriculture science. Only science graduate with a combination of PCM are eli .. read more
Most Popular

Can I Do BHM After Passing 10th in Gujarat Board

Hi BHM is a Bachelor in Hotel Management which you can do only after completing your 12th standard. So it doesn't matter if you have done 10th from an .. read more

best course for BIPC STUDENTS after intermediate

Sir i took admission in du college in bsc home science and had a chance to take bsc biotechnology from gvm college MDU university.  What should i .. read more

I can't find proper college for defence studies course?

Read my new article published on Eurasia review about Growing scope and emerging new career opportunities defence studies in india by Asif Ahmed for c .. read more

What are the ITI Diploma courses available after 10th class?

hi .. read more
Caching Date: 7/21/2017 8:15:47 AM