I want to do C.A. So in commerce i must go in general or in bifocal? I gav my S.S.C. this year When n which enterance exam i hav to giv?

In commerce there are two classes:general and bifocal. For doing C.A. in which class i must go? I gave my S.S.C. this year so in 11th which subjects are there and for doing C.A. which subjects i must select? How much time it takes to become C.A. Which n when i hav to give entrance exam? After entrance exam which exam i hav to give? In short what is the whole procedure for becoming C.A. Where and which kind of jobs are available for a C.A. and what is the salary?

by Vishnu.V
2 answers
| Share :

2 answers

RE: I want to do C.A. So in commerce i must go in general or in bifocal? I gav my S.S.C. this year When n which enterance exam i hav to giv?

Swati  Sibal
Swati Sibal
Verified Career Expert
Career Counselor at
  • Delhi

Dear Anil,

Chartered accountant are in a great demand all over the world.Being a chartered Accountant is a very good career choice,you can work in so many different areas of business.

To do this course you have to appear in Common Proficiency Test (CPT).It is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course.A registered student may appear in Common Proficiency Test after passing (10+2) examination and after passing 10th one can register for CPT test.It is a test of four subjects i.e. Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. Since your mathematics is good you can clear the test by studying well.

Chartered Accountants work in all fields of business and finance. Some are engaged in public practice work, others work in the private sector and some are employed by government bodies.

The syllabus of the course depends on the colleges.But the major subjects are Accounts and Finance related.Like -

-> Accounting in Business (AB)
->Professional Accountant (PA)
->Business Analysis (BA)
->Financial Management (FM)
->Corporate and Business Law (CL)
->Financial Accounting
->Corporate Reporting (CR)
->Taxation (TX)
->Performance Management (PM)
->Management Accounting (MA)
Hope now you have a clear idea sbout CA course.

To know more about CA click on the link

All the Best

RE: I want to do C.A. So in commerce i must go in general or in bifocal? I gav my S.S.C. this year When n which enterance exam i hav to giv?

Dr. Anand Wadadekar, PhD
Dr. Anand Wadadekar, PhD
Verified Career Expert
Founder & CEO: Discovering Careers India
  • pune

Dear Aspirant,

Thanks for approaching us at I appreciate your detailed query.

  1. A general BCom course would be the best for doing CA course.

  2. After SSC you can get admission to the CPT course and appear for the CPT exam after appearing for HSC (12th). CPT is an objective entrance exam for the CA course. If you clear CPT, then you can be admitted to the IPCC course.

  3. You can get directly admitted to the Intermediate course (IPCC) after Commerce graduation and you need not appear for CPT.

  4. Generally if you pass each group of the course in first attempt, you can become a CA in three years. However this time may get stretched if you fail in some attempts.

  5. CA get very good jobs in the industry as well there is also big scope for your own consultancy practice.

  6. Salary for a fresher CA may start from Rs. 25,000 and this goes on increasing as you gain experience and command over the accounting & audit domain.

Best wishes,

Dr. Anand Wadadekar
Founder Director & CEO - Discovering Careers India

In order to post replies to the question: "I want to do C.A. So in commerce i must go in general or in bifocal? I gav my S.S.C. this year When n which enterance exam i hav to giv?"

Post Reply


5 Things To Do After B.Tech

It has been seen that usually after graduation students are in confusion of what their next years will be like. Many are muddled with the choice they .. read more

An expert guide to entry level jobs for MBAs

Job hunting is always a tough task for graduates. Hunting for a job after MBA requires prior research and knowledge about the prospects and scope of t .. read more

Career Opportunities In Food Science And Technology

Choosing a correct career is becoming difficult but seeing your interest and following it can lead you to choose the best career. A person finding foo .. read more

A Foray At Changing The Perceptions About ‘Career In Hospitality’

There always have been times in our lives when we have thought about whether we want to excel and take our existing careers ahead or completely switch .. read more
Most Popular

What are the key things the resume of a Web Designer must reflect?

A resume is a ideal place / Opportunity to exhibit your designing talents.    Show to the world in the shortest possible time, about your sk .. read more

I am 12th pcm student 'if not engineering than what career I choose

Hello, Thanks for Asking..!! Many Students search for the best career options after 12th Science except Engineering. It is very hard step of your care .. read more

I am a failiure of class 12 what can I do..?? plz suggest me I am so confused I want ot make my career in army

If u want to pass in NIOS board for October 2017 then I can guide you and help u . We are giving sureties of passing in 10th & 12th NIOS board . w .. read more

What are the most interesting things I can do while working as a Psychologist?

The most interesting things you can do while working as a Psychologist are creating your own style of handling your patients. Go beyond the bookish kn .. read more