Gurleen

Should I pursue mcom along with coaching of upsc exam?

I have completed my bcom (prof ) n now I want to take coaching to crack upsc exam but I m confused at the moment that should I pursue mcom side by side or focus on ias only

by Gurleen
3 answers
| Share :

3 answers

RE: Should I pursue mcom along with coaching of upsc exam?

Dr. Anand Wadadekar, PhD
Dr. Anand Wadadekar, PhD
Verified Career Expert
Founder & CEO: Discovering Careers India
  • pune

Hello My Dear IAS Aspirant,


Taking coaching for IAS preparation is the best thing you have thought and I would there fore definitely say that you should join a coaching institute for clearing UPSC/IAS.

Glad that you approached CareerGuide.com for seeking guidance to your career concern.

I am very happy to know that instead of following the people after commerce graduation by going to MBA or jobs, you have decided what is right for you and what you feel from within for your self. Choosing a career of Indian Administrative Service is a daring decision and I certainly feel that since you have thought passionately to take up such a career, I very much feel that you should continue with your passion till the end.


Preparing for UPSC / IAS:

I am sure that by now you must have realised that preparing for UPSC / IAS level exam is not at all one night and day work, but requires many hours and days of focused preparation without losing the energy, patience and perseverance. I hope you have this and will show this daily.

Your thought of keeping your education continuing is very good and I very much appreciate that. You wish to study for MCom along side your preparations for your UPSC / IAS exams and I would say that this is a good thought.

However would like to caution you that you should avoid spending too much time on your MCom studies. Doing MCom and preparing for UPSC / IAS exams is a good thing to do and getting a masters degree always helps. However, your MCom studies should not come in the way of your UPSC / IAS preparations, studies, classes, reading.

Ultimately you need to keep in mind that your goal is to achieve and crack the UPSC / IAS exams.

I would like to suggest you to decide some percentage of your total time that you will dedicate for your MCom studies. If you ask me, I would say that it should be 85%:15%. 85% is for UPSC / IAS preparations and remaining 15% is for MCom studies. Try to maintain this ratio and I do not see any problem you will face.

However also do not get casual and take MCom granted. Scoring a first class in MCom is very good and will be appreciated even in your IAS interview.

All the Best!

RE: Should I pursue mcom along with coaching of upsc exam?

Vivek Negi
Vivek Negi

This is a nice answer thankyou career experts

In order to post replies to the question: "Should I pursue mcom along with coaching of upsc exam?"

Post Reply

Latest ANSWERS

Top Law Colleges in India

Hi, The following is a comprehensive guide to the top ten law colleges for law education in India. Before anyone directly jumps on to know, what is th .. read more

I am currently working but I do not like my job. Should I continue my current job or change my job or go for an MBA?

Hi Simran, Thank you for sharing your concern. I would like to ask you and mention you what exactly are you not liking in your job, is it the peo .. read more

I have already selected I a stream. Should I still take the stream selector test?

Some people are naturally gifted with a strong character that helps them know exactly what they want to do after 10th. For them, the choice is easy. S .. read more

I have done my 11th and 12th from science PCM and now i am pursuing Ba hons economics but i am still confused whether i have made a good decision or i should have opt bba. Pls help

Hello Riya, You have started your career in a confused state and the confusion persists.   First of all, when you have already chosen BA Economic .. read more
Most Popular

What are the books that every Mechanical Engineer must read?

Probably it would be difficult to prepare down a complete and comprehensive list of books to follow by every mechanical engineer,as the different spec .. read more

Do 12th board marks have any importance in jee mains

Hello,  Yes there is importance of class 12 marks in jee main 2017 bcoz the rank will be decided by the percentile formula in which there is a we .. read more

What to do after finishing Diploma in EEE.

Dear V Aravindan,  The EEE branches of engineering both at Diploma and Undergraduate (B.E./B.Tech.) level offers unlimited career opportunities i .. read more

I want to be a career guide. What should I study for become a career counselor

Hi Uttam, Thank you for writing and sharing your concerns. to become a career counselor first you need to identify your target audience who do you wan .. read more