Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Exam Results Are Out! Don't Panic, Scientifically Plan Your Career
Take Career Counselling
can you explain it to me with right details
Hi Mr. Vijay,
Greeting's for the day!!!
Geography is the science of earth. It literally means 'to describe or write about the earth'. Geographers are scientists who study about the physical details of the environment, its effects on human and wildlife, weather and climate patterns, economics and culture. There are different branches in geography viz. physical geography, human geography, environmental geography, and many more.
1. The Dictionary of Human GeographyGregory, D., Johnston, R., Pratt, G., Watts, M. and Whatmore, S. (2009) The Dictionary of Human Geography, London: Wiley-Blackwell
2. Key Concepts in GeographyClifford, N., Holloway, S., Rice, S., Rice, S., Valentine, G., (eds), (2008) Key Concepts in Geography, London: Sage
3. Approaches to Human GeographyAitken, S. and Valentine, G. (eds), (2006) Approaches to Human Geography, London: Sage
4. Conducting Research in Human Geography: Theory, Methodology and PracticeKitchin, R., and Tate, N., (2000) Conducting Research in Human Geography: Theory, Methodology and Practice, Harlow: Pearson
5. Geographies of Development: An Introduction to Development StudiesPotter, R., Binns, T., Elliot, J., and D. Smith (2008), Geographies of Development: An Introduction to Development Studies, Prentice Hall: London
6. Key Thinkers on Space and PlaceHubbard, P. and Kitchin, R. (2010), Key Thinkers on Space and Place, London: Sage
7. Geographies of Globalization: A Critical IntroductionHerod, A (2008) Geographies of Globalization: A Critical Introduction, London: Wiley-Blackwell
8. How to do your dissertation in Geography and Related DisciplinesKnight, P., and Parsons, T. (2004) How to do your dissertation in Geography and Related Disciplines, London: Routledge
9. Global Shift: Mapping the Changing Contours of the World EconomyDicken, P. (2010) Global Shift: Mapping the Changing Contours of the World Economy, 6th ed. London: Sage
10. Qualitative Research Methods in Human GeographyHay, I. (ed), (2010) Qualitative Research Method in Human Geography, Oxford: Oxford University Press
Further doubts or queries feel free to contact.
In order to post replies to the question: "What are the books that every Geographer must read?"
Career Counselor/Canadian Education and Visa Expert
Ms.Deepali is a graduate from Delhi university. She excels in providing personal guidance at the critical stages of making choices for education at any level be it Grade 10th or Post Graduate Level.she had over 12 year of experience in the field of education and counselling. she had worked with education UK, British council India and Canadian education center India.currently she is a director of NovaEdu ,advising students on education and career in India and abroad.
See All Questions