Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Exam Results Are Out! Don't Panic, Scientifically Plan Your Career
Take Career Counselling
Dear Career Aspirant ,
Thanks For Writing to www.CareerGuide.com !
Architects study planning and designing of building and structures. Architecture is part of the largest industry i.e. construction industry in India. Architects are the key experts who are involved in all aspects of the construction project from scratch to execution. Architecture is right career for those who are interested in designing.
Architects have opportunities to work with construction companies, builders, consultancies, and many other options as well. There are also jobs available in the Public sector which will include departments such as National Institute of Urban Affairs, Public Works Department, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, Ministry of Defense, National Building Organization, Archaeological Department, Town and Country Planning Organization, Public Sector Undertakings, National Building Construction Corporation Ltd., etc. Above all, Architects can also work independently as consultant or start own firm.
Different roles of Architects
• Architecture Designing: Architects are involved in designing houses and other small buildings. Some of them specialize in interior designing and offer designing services like serene interiors, home interior, bedroom interior, bathroom interior, kitchen, furniture designing, etc.
• Managers: Architects can work as managers, who seek building permission from the local authority, plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise construction projects from development to completion.
• Industrial Designing: Architects work as Industrial designers who develop the concepts for manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and toys. They combine art, business, and engineering to make products that people use every day.
• Landscape Architects: Landscape architects plan and design land areas for parks, recreational facilities, private homes, campuses, and other open spaces.
• Urban and Regional Planners: Urban and regional planners develop plans and programs for the use of land. They usually work with Government. They primarily engage in urban planning, create colonies, residential communities as per population growth, and revitalize physical facilities in towns, cities, and metropolitan areas.
Skills Required For Career in Architecture
•Technical skills. Knowledge and skills of technology, design and use of computer-aided design and drafting technology to create plans. Ability to read graphical blueprints and must be aware of building codes and inspection regulations.
•Analytical skills. Understand the content of designs and the context, for example, architects must understand the locations of mechanical systems and how those systems affect building operations.
•Communication skills. Ability to share ideas, both in oral presentations and in writing, with clients, other architects, and professionals who help prepare drawings.
•Creativity. Express creativity in designing the overall look of houses, buildings, and other structures. The final product should be attractive and functional.
•Management skills. Skills to manage contracts, assignments including records related to the details of a project, including total cost, materials used, and progress.
If you have above skills then Architecture might be your best career choice.
In order to post replies to the question: "What are the scopes in Architecture Career? "
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
FreeLancer Academic and Career Guidance Counsellor
Mrs. Halima is a postgraduate in psychology from Osmania University and a International Diploma in Guidance & Counseling in collaboration with COL, Canada. She posses Enormous experience in Academic and Psychological Counseling and had done Project on “Counseling & Guidance using ACA & APA standards “, “Motivation to enhance academic achievements”,” Comparative analysis of Self Confidence of undergraduate boys & girls”. She had worked as an Academic Research Associate at Indian Institute of Management, Indore. She specializes in educational, career and academic counseling and guidance, Organizational behavior.
Founder & CEO: Discovering Careers India
Dr. Anand has 10+ yrs experience in education and financial sector, 12+ yrs into writing articles and books. He advises on Finance, Banking, Management, Commerce, Engineering, Education. B.Com, M.A. Economics, PGDFB (SIBM), DIT, Ph.D (Education Economics)
Owner-Promoter of PlanetVidya group of Institutes
Rich experience of greater than 2 decades in Education,training, personal finance & coaching. Trained more than 15000 Career Seekers in I.T, Management & Chartered Accountancy Careers. Now also forayed into vocational training , pre-school & after school child skills development programmes, test-prep and tutorial market with pioneering and innovative products and programmes. started extending personal finance planning skills & experience for the financial well being of families.
See All Questions