Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
JEE Main Previous Year Paper
JEE Main Previous Year CutOff PDFs
JEE Main and Advanced syllabus
I would suggest you should give equal importance to all your subjects like Math., Chem & Physics. & try to focus for knowing fundamentally in all subject, if your funda or basic concept is clear you can do easily better in objective type answer.
Thnx & Regds
How to get top rank in JEE Main .... Let me tell you right in the begining that it is definitely more of your Passion and hard work over IQ to get a top rank.
I am not sure you are at 11th or 12th or appearing for JEE Main 2017 ...
Some points about JEE Main
1. It is conducted by CBSE
2. Syllabus is NCERT PCM XI-XII
3. Paper 1 is the main paper . Question are in objective format with Negative marking scheme.
4. Application based questions are asked.
5. Every year around 13L students compete for the top institutes.
Now that you have known the important points you should prepare yourself accordingly. Let us see how to go about it.
1. Focus and Disciplined life is the most important thing across your 11-12th studies and preparation for JEE Main, JEE Advanced or any other engineering examinations.
2. Because Application based questions are asked in a negative format of marking scheme ... it is very clear that your understanding of concepts/fundamentals should be utterly clear and strong Rather than mugging-up .
3. Once you have understood the concepts an exhaustive problem solving session is required to check your concept understanding. Additionaly, doing 100-200 problems in each chapter will give you enough confidence to face the entrance examination.
4. You need to understand there are only 18k of NIT seats and if you aspire for IITs then you should try to come in 2L rank in JEE Min exam. Understand that you are competing with 13 Lakh students who are also preparing their best to get good ranks.
5. You need to have very good time management skills. Practice with Mocks papers will help you achieve it. Even shading the ovals in the OMR sheet should be done carefully because time is limited. You should have good amount of test practice done for it.
So , Be on your toes and do exhaustive studies with practice.
Other then just studies some habbits does interfere with good performance. Like...
1. Have a habbit of sleeping early and getting up early - By this you are setting up your body rhythm which helps in the The day of the exam.
2. Never ever do your studies by putting in ear phone listening music... this is happening with many students I know personally ending into disaster. Study in your environment as the same environment you get to write the exam on that very day.
3. The day you go to give the exam alone or friends or with parents ... do not listen to music to stress out.... you will not be able to focus during exam because music will keep lingering on and on. This is one important point came from one of my student.
In the end ,
It is all the hard work and the Passion for it that will give you the result. Getting a Good Mentor eases your journey for preparation. Try to get one.
All the Best !
FreeLancer Academic and Career Guidance Counsellor
Mrs. Halima is a postgraduate in psychology from Osmania University and a International Diploma in Guidance & Counseling in collaboration with COL, Canada. She posses Enormous experience in Academic and Psychological Counseling and had done Project on “Counseling & Guidance using ACA & APA standards “, “Motivation to enhance academic achievements”,” Comparative analysis of Self Confidence of undergraduate boys & girls”. She had worked as an Academic Research Associate at Indian Institute of Management, Indore. She specializes in educational, career and academic counseling and guidance, Organizational behavior.
Regional Manager at CL Educate Ltd. Navi Mumbai
Ms. Bharati has an experience of more than 10yrs with CL Educate Ltd into career counseling for students at Std XIIth level .she excels in Guiding and preparation required Though technically an MCA she found her interest in interacting with students and mentoring them in all situations be it career choice or preparation or stress management.Realizing the benefits of Meditation she studied M.D.(A.M.), Alternative and Complementary Medicine and Medical Systems.
Teacher at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro
Mr Vikash has an experience in career counselling for students from age group of 12 to 20 across various domains. He is also an experienced teacher for and specializes in coaching students for Olympiads; he works as a teacher at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro. B He possess skills in all areas of education, can counsel, motivate and direct students while maintaining high interest and achievement levels in a fun and challenging learning environment.
See All Questions