Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
I would suggest you should give equal importance to all your subjects like Math., Chem & Physics. & try to focus for knowing fundamentally in all subject, if your funda or basic concept is clear you can do easily better in objective type answer.
Thnx & Regds
How to get top rank in JEE Main .... Let me tell you right in the begining that it is definitely more of your Passion and hard work over IQ to get a top rank.
I am not sure you are at 11th or 12th or appearing for JEE Main 2017 ...
Some points about JEE Main
1. It is conducted by CBSE
2. Syllabus is NCERT PCM XI-XII
3. Paper 1 is the main paper . Question are in objective format with Negative marking scheme.
4. Application based questions are asked.
5. Every year around 13L students compete for the top institutes.
Now that you have known the important points you should prepare yourself accordingly. Let us see how to go about it.
1. Focus and Disciplined life is the most important thing across your 11-12th studies and preparation for JEE Main, JEE Advanced or any other engineering examinations.
2. Because Application based questions are asked in a negative format of marking scheme ... it is very clear that your understanding of concepts/fundamentals should be utterly clear and strong Rather than mugging-up .
3. Once you have understood the concepts an exhaustive problem solving session is required to check your concept understanding. Additionaly, doing 100-200 problems in each chapter will give you enough confidence to face the entrance examination.
4. You need to understand there are only 18k of NIT seats and if you aspire for IITs then you should try to come in 2L rank in JEE Min exam. Understand that you are competing with 13 Lakh students who are also preparing their best to get good ranks.
5. You need to have very good time management skills. Practice with Mocks papers will help you achieve it. Even shading the ovals in the OMR sheet should be done carefully because time is limited. You should have good amount of test practice done for it.
So , Be on your toes and do exhaustive studies with practice.
Other then just studies some habbits does interfere with good performance. Like...
1. Have a habbit of sleeping early and getting up early - By this you are setting up your body rhythm which helps in the The day of the exam.
2. Never ever do your studies by putting in ear phone listening music... this is happening with many students I know personally ending into disaster. Study in your environment as the same environment you get to write the exam on that very day.
3. The day you go to give the exam alone or friends or with parents ... do not listen to music to stress out.... you will not be able to focus during exam because music will keep lingering on and on. This is one important point came from one of my student.
In the end ,
It is all the hard work and the Passion for it that will give you the result. Getting a Good Mentor eases your journey for preparation. Try to get one.
All the Best !
Founder Director at Mentoring Dreams.
Mr. Manish is a MTech from IIT Delhi. He has worked in various fields related to academics and computer science. He had worked as a mentor, guide, Business analyst etc. He is Founder and Director at Mentoring Dreams. His expertise includes career planning and guidance, he had conducted work shop in several educational institutions, and he also conducts enhancement training for employees through NGOs. He got several publications to his name in related field
Career Advisor / Phd Scholar
A Psychologist with 13 years of experience in corporate, schools and hospitals. Have coordinated training programs, and developed a new product for leadership development of adolescents, conducted many workshops and lectures for parents, teachers and students during my tenure at the school.
Dealing with clients who have problems concerning adjustment with work, family and helping them lead a better and healthy life is what I strive for. Using therapeutic techniques and assessment tools has helped me so far in making a difference in the life’s of those that I worked with.
The core characteristics that have helped define and guide my career and personal relationships have been focused on flexibility, commitment, openness, challenge, and growth. Managing time and ability of multi-tasking; Excellent communication & convincing skills; Managing Events and good team player; Eye for details and striving for excellence in everything; Being proactive and responsible; Proven ability to learn quickly and become an expert; Skilled at producing quality work with limited resources.
· Assessment and Development Centres
· Behaviour Facilitation
· Content Development
· Psychological therapies like CBT, REBT, Behaviour Therapy, Client Centred Play Therapy, Relaxation Therapy
· Psychological Assessments like personality tests, intelligence tests, projective tests, diagnostic tests, aptitude tests
Teacher at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro
Mr Vikash has an experience in career counselling for students from age group of 12 to 20 across various domains. He is also an experienced teacher for and specializes in coaching students for Olympiads; he works as a teacher at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro. B He possess skills in all areas of education, can counsel, motivate and direct students while maintaining high interest and achievement levels in a fun and challenging learning environment.
Career Guide, Educationist, Author and Clinical Psychologist
Dr. K.V Anand is a PhD in Counseling Psychology from Fort Jones University USA with MSc In Applied Psychology and MS in Psychotherapy. He is an expert in psychometric tests to facilitate awareness about various psychological traits, personality, skills, aptitude etc. He is a Certified Motivation trainer and personality development trainer. He is experienced in evaluating of psychology or psychiatry cases. Uses Psychometric tests such as personality, bipolar disorder test evaluation, student counseling. He has more than 9 years experience in soft skill training field covering career guidance, education, motivation, personality development, team building, leadership skills, stress management, conflict management, decision making. Beside this he is a active writer and have books related to psychology under his name such as “Adolescence mental Problems” and ”Infant and Child Psychology”
See All Questions