Most educational institutions have quarantined students. The official holidays are extended by 2 weeks, but students are early to rejoice. It has been decided to switch to distance learning due to quarantine. The basis for the decision: ensuring academic performance, timely completion of the program.
Some universities have long practiced distance learning, but most were not ready for distance learning quarantine.
Switching to homeschooling has led to some difficulties for full-time students: students are not used to planning their own day, learning without lectures or explanations from teachers. That is why it would be easy to get a higher education at buyuniversitydegrees.com. Sharp changes in the day’s schedule caused students to have difficulty organizing themselves and some disorientation.
The following recommendations will simplify the process of adaptation and help to allocate time correctly.
Advice to students
Now students have “free” time, which they want to spend watching their favorite show. But do not relax, forced vacation is better to spend with the benefit. Stick to the usual rhythm of life, while at home or in the hostel:
- Keep up the pace of the day (get up and lie down at your usual time);
- do the morning ritual;
- have a healthy breakfast;
- change from your favorite pajamas into everyday clothes.
In short, do not change your daily habits and take your daily life home. This will help you get together, self-organize, and have a good time.
Organization of distance learning during the quarantine
Follow simple advice:
- Start the day by charging (will help you wake up, give you strength, lift your spirits all day).
- Arrange a workplace. Take care of the comfort and absence of extraneous sounds. Keep ergonomics in mind (place the objects required for training at hand).
- Set tasks for yourself. Be sure to plan your daily activities. You can start a daily planner, write it down on a sheet of paper, and download the scheduler application to your smartphone or computer. The most available free options are Google Task and Google Calendar. A list of tasks will help you set priorities and free up your time.
- Turn off, messengers. Eliminate all distractions. Work in silence, increase your efficiency with full focus on learning.
- Repeat learning with breaks. Usually in higher education institutions, classes last 2 academic hours. You can follow this rule when organizing your homeschooling. It will save you time and work productively on your learning tasks.
- Ventilate the room. Clean air will cheer you up. Oxygen will improve blood circulation, brain function.
- Follow the diet. Eat small meals. Eat at a certain time. Make a menu of healthy products. Choose light food, eliminate sweet snacks, replace with fruit, nuts, candied fruit.
- Motivate yourself. Encourage yourself to perform tasks, spoil yourself. If you want to watch a movie or climb into Instagram, first complete the task from the list. Spend no more time on breaks than you have spent on training.
- Spend your free time with benefits. Many museums around the world have opened their virtual doors to visitors. Enjoy the contemplation of the “beautiful”. Visit the galleries of the Louvre in Paris, the Solomon Guggenheim Museum in New York, and other cultural venues. A nice bonus – now VR tours are completely free.