While researching different courses and college, it is vitally important that you do not make rankings the sole criterion on the basis of which you make your decision on private college and course. Students need to get started early on with their research process; college websites and brochures give a deep insight into what you can expect once you get there. The kind of course you opt for and the college you go to will significantly impact your personal growth and academic goals, hence it’s imperative that you have a selection criterion at hand. Read on to know the parameters you should consider:
- Courses Offered: This is the parameter that holds the most importance. After all, the college you choose depends tremendously on the course you wish to study. Invest time in looking at the different courses colleges offer. If you already know what you want to study, research the program and make sure you’re ready for the coursework required to pursue the career of your dreams. If you’re unsure take into factors such as earning potential, your skills and interests to arrive at your decision.
- Campus Size And Life: The size of the college is an important factor as well. In case of smaller classes, it is known that they make the overall experience more intimate, resulting in a community that is more closely bound together. Large institutes usually have more resources. Take the undergraduate B-school of IILM UBS for instance, one of the best BBA colleges Delhi, IILM UBS is an institute quite big in its size, and offers a larger faculty, more global exposure, academic concentrations and options for entertainment as a result.
- Location and Weather: You may feel that college may be the right time to explore the unknown and new; while that may be true in some cases; a completely new environment can be jarring for some. Consider whether you like the pulsating city life or someplace quieter and even take the weather into consideration and then your college.
- College Rankings: College rankings should definitely be given consideration, but even more important than the overall rankings would be the reputation of the department of the particular course you wish to study. To determine which prestigious colleges you should apply to more realistically on the basis of your scores, get an estimate of the minimum entrance exam score/CAT score of most of the top colleges listed on university rankings.
- Placements and Alumni: Alumni give you an idea of the culture an institute inculcates and allow you to determine which college is line with the career path you wish to take. If a university has enthusiastic alumni, they too can help students find internships/jobs.
Another crucial way that college choice can affect a student’s career path is through the career planning opportunities offered. Ultimately, the student’s goal is to be successful in his/her field; and if an institute’s placement center head starts the process, it’s a major advantage. Make sure to check if the private college in Delhi for BBA or any other course has such a system in place.