Does technology make you think a lot? Do you always wonder what’s the connection between science and technology? Or do you ever wanted to create something of your own and just not getting the right place to utilize your talent? Then fly to Hong Kong and make all your dreams come true!! Hong Kong provides you the best universities and environment that can boost your confidence and ability to do wonders in this field. It aids you with all the necessary skills and techniques that will help you in building a successful future.
Science & Technology Studies (STS) is an interdisciplinary program that endeavors to expand students understanding of science and technology by exploring their social, cultural, philosophical and material dimensions. Offered by Faculty of Science, you’ll find an impressive depth of scholarly and teaching experience, making our program one of the largest of its kind anywhere in the world. In the 2018 edition of the QS Asia University Rankings, Hong Kong claims four representatives among the 10 top universities in Asia alone, led by the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in third, while the University of Hong Kong is ranked fifth.
Having studying at the Hong Kong University of Science and technology students can get hands-on:
- Analyzing complex ideas about science and technology
- Discover how to trace the origin and implications of events
- The well-trained faculty inspires the students to draw connections across the traditional boundaries as they seek an intellectual appreciation for the sciences and technology as powerful means for understanding.
- Encouraging to embody and shaping the world and ourselves
- The university provides lecture theatre, laboratory and offers audiovisual equipment.
- An inquisitive mind is at heart of HKUST, and research is the soul of this institution.
- Extend the boundary of knowledge, solve problems, improve on what we already know, and make this world work better for everyone.
Academic requirement for Undergrad students:
- High school graduation
- SAT total score of 1290 or above or SAT Reasoning Test with a combined score of 1800 or above or ACT Plus Writing with composite score of 27 or above
- American College Board Advanced Placement (AP) in three subjects, each with a score of 3 or above
- Three SAT Subject Tests, each with a score of 600 or above.
- ACT score 23 in both English and reading
- All India Senior School certificate, standard 12th English 75%
- IELTS overall band: 6
Academic requirement for Post graduation students:
- General Admission requirement:
- Applicants seeking admission to a master’s degree or postgraduate diploma program should have: obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification
- Applicants seeking admission to a doctoral degree program should have: obtained a bachelor’s degree with a proven record of outstanding performance from a recognized institution; or presented evidence of satisfactory work at the postgraduate level on a full-time basis for at least one year, or on a part-time basis for at least two years.
- English Language Admission Requirements:
- Applicants have to fulfill English Language requirements with one of the following proficiency attainments:
|Proficiency Test||Minimum Scores|
|TOEFL-Revised paper-delivered test
(effective from 2018/19 admission)
|60 (total scores for Reading, Listening and Writing sections)|
|IELTS (Academic Module)||Overall score: 6.0
All sub-scores: 5.5
- Applicants don’t need to present TOEFL or IELTS score if; their first language is English, or
- They obtained the bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an institution where the medium of instruction was English.