Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
I am in urgent need of this answer
Psychology is an extremely complex science working on pure logic and reasoning combined with apt sensitivity. Psychologists definitely needs to have good interpersonal skill as their job mainly involves interacting with people of all ages to assist them to cope with with emotional, behavioral or psychological concerns. There are diffrent areas of specializations within the field of psychology and each and every specialization involves interacting with diffrent group of people. Clinical psychologists assess and treat people with psychological problems such as depression, stress, panic disorder, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder , trauma etc. They carry out psychotherapies. The psychotherapy is a specialized kind of talk therapy and relaxation techniques applied by a psychologist to assist patient in coping up with any kind of psychological distress. Industrial psychologists interact with people in large industrial establishments and corporate houses or academic establishments. Sport psychologists are concerned with psychological factors that improve performance of sports persons,. Sports psychologists interact with various sports teams.
Thanks for posting your concern at www.mercareerguide.com.
Psychologists need to demonstrate knowledge. Attitude and skills necessary to develop and maintain appropriate interpersonal therapeutic relationship and communicate effectively with clients, families, and other professional colleagues.
Therefore, Interpersonal skill is very important in helping profession like psychology and mental heath. Interpersonal skills help psychologists create conducive environment for clients and maintain professional relationships. Interpersonal skill encompasses following: -Active listening -Expressing one's self (communicating clearly through verbal and non-verbal cues) -Demonstrating empathy -Maintain positive mental set and attitude -Maintaining relationship (nurture therapeutic relationship with clients, families and other professionals)
Hope this is helpful.
Best Wishes for Your Bright Career,Apurvakumar Pandya, PhD
In order to post replies to the question: "Do I need to be good at my interpersonal skills to be a Psychologist?"
Counselor at Adaptive Minds
Mrs. Meghna is a Postgraduate in clinical Psychology. She had been a part of several workshops related to Personality Enhancement, Counseling, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Therapy, Hypnosis for self Healing etc. She works at Adaptive Mind as freelance counselor and had worked as an executive counselor at Growth Centre, School Counselor at Billabong High International School, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Vidya mandir. Her areas of expertise include Human Resources Management with Clinical Psychology. Currently working as a Brain mapping analyst
Career Advisor / Phd Scholar
A Psychologist with 11+ years of experience in corporate, schools and hospitals. Have coordinated training programs, and developed a new product for leadership development of adolescents, conducted many workshops and lectures for parents, teachers and students during my tenure at the school.
Dealing with clients who have problems concerning adjustment with work, family and helping them lead a better and healthy life is what I strive for. Using therapeutic techniques and assessment tools has helped me so far in making a difference in the life’s of those that I worked with.
The core characteristics that have helped define and guide my career and personal relationships have been focused on flexibility, commitment, openness, challenge, and growth. Managing time and ability of multi-tasking; Excellent communication & convincing skills; Managing Events and good team player; Eye for details and striving for excellence in everything; Being proactive and responsible; Proven ability to learn quickly and become an expert; Skilled at producing quality work with limited resources.
· Assessment and Development Centres
· Behaviour Facilitation
· Content Development
· Psychological therapies like CBT, REBT, Behaviour Therapy, Client Centred Play Therapy, Relaxation Therapy
· Psychological Assessments like personality tests, intelligence tests, projective tests, diagnostic tests, aptitude tests
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
patented mLearning softskills – acquired from 10 countries – 1.8M regd users...1-on-1 platform for fluent spoken English
* Majority are still offering the so called multimedia that are not the right solution to train the “Organs of Speech” – might be okay for understanding. Many use Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) – an open source – but the users simply cannot compare these generic graphs manually – a user doesn't know on how to improve.
* Some use String Comparator that simply says “yes” or “no” – a recent extension, percentage score pops up in the exact ratio the number of words in that sentence – obviously, only one parameter, "Spoke" or "didn't" – and hence no feedback on how to improve.
* Automatic Speech Analysis System (ASAS©) – patented – pinpoints the exact problems, which Syllable/ Phoneme – and hence provides instant scores on four different parameters, and hence auto-personalized detailed feedback on how to improve the specifics.
* Internet-games-like self-competition-creating ASAS© programs the subconscious mind unknowingly to speak the most frequent words, unit ideas and expressions fluidly.
* All content including the accent on any subject as per any curriculum may be transformed using ASAS©
* Trainers make the most of blended-learning and assign “listening & speaking” homework – scores auto-log at the alma mater.
* CBSE, AICTE, NSDC or Staffing & Recruiting organizations use MyET to self-generate effortless endless speech – authorities conduct automated, and hence unbiased personalized assessments of “speaking and listening" skills.
* Call Centres use MyET for voice modulation & accent neutralization (MTI) – and even modifying to an American or British native.
* Patent awarded by 9 leading nations including that of developed western countries
* Already bundled with HP and ACER PCs in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan etc.
* Private servers for universities and big educational chains
* Language Lab on USB flash-drive works on LAN as well – world's smallest but still the most economical despite being widely patented
Free Trial: LLabs.com
See All Questions