Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
60 minutes of Duration
500+ Career Options
1M+ Test Taken
Nice question and happy that you approached us for getting an answer to this.
The most common mistake students are making today is of "considering online / distance learning programmes as a substitute to formal / full time classroom learning and as a tool/technique to get them a job or as equivalent to a classroom taught course". This is very unfortunate and a part of the blame goes to the way such online / distance learning courses are advertised and marketed.
Some facts about online / distance learning courses:
- These courses are not a substitute to formal education (10+2+3/4/5+2)- Diplomas / Degrees secured through Distance learning mode are not recognised and accepted by industry for employment for freshers- Online / distance learning courses are for value addition and not for career foundation level- Online / distance learning courses below the tenure of 3 months are useless.- Online / distance learning courses are an additional mode of education provided by technological advancement but is not an option to formal training- Online / distance learning courses are not favourable for fresh graduates for securing a job- Online / distance learning courses require great amount of self-study- Online / distance learning courses need the candidate to be technology savvy- Online - distance learning courses do not provide the social networking factor
For whom are online / distance learning courses actually meant for?
Online / distance learning courses are majorly beneficial for the below:
- Working professionals - having experience of minimum 3 years- Candidates who are minimum graduates and looking for a PG or a job- Candidates who are under-graduates and who wish to learn advanced or additional things / soft skills which will help them in their placements or post-graduation- Candidates who are frequently travelling due to job assignments or job role like marketing, business development- Candidates who are working and cannot continue education through classroom attendance mode of education- Candidates who have physical fitness limitations- Candidates who want to upgrade their domain knowledge in order to keep themselves updated and current to the industry expectations- Candidates who want to remain connected to the changing industry demands and be updated about new avenues and opportunities- Candidates who are home-makers, entrepreneurs, researchers, teachers
Excellent answer given by Dr.Anand.
Just adding to it. Please note that an Online or Distance courses are beneficial and valid and hence are running successfully.Only issue as mentioned by Dr. Anand is that they are pursued by the wrong qualified person and for wrong reasons.
These are add on courses for professionals who are stuck at one point in their career graph and are looking for moving ahead Since the professionals are already experienced knowing the basics of the industry, they do not need practical exposure, just like fresh Graduates, who have no industry experience.
Hope this helps.Wish you good luck....
In order to post replies to the question: "How valuable is distance MBA degree in India?"
FreeLancer Academic and Career Guidance Counsellor
Mrs. Halima is a postgraduate in psychology from Osmania University and a International Diploma in Guidance & Counseling in collaboration with COL, Canada. She posses Enormous experience in Academic and Psychological Counseling and had done Project on “Counseling & Guidance using ACA & APA standards “, “Motivation to enhance academic achievements”,” Comparative analysis of Self Confidence of undergraduate boys & girls”. She had worked as an Academic Research Associate at Indian Institute of Management, Indore. She specializes in educational, career and academic counseling and guidance, Organizational behavior.
Career Advisor / Phd Scholar
A Psychologist with 13 years of experience in corporate, schools and hospitals. Have coordinated training programs, and developed a new product for leadership development of adolescents, conducted many workshops and lectures for parents, teachers and students during my tenure at the school.
Dealing with clients who have problems concerning adjustment with work, family and helping them lead a better and healthy life is what I strive for. Using therapeutic techniques and assessment tools has helped me so far in making a difference in the life’s of those that I worked with.
The core characteristics that have helped define and guide my career and personal relationships have been focused on flexibility, commitment, openness, challenge, and growth. Managing time and ability of multi-tasking; Excellent communication & convincing skills; Managing Events and good team player; Eye for details and striving for excellence in everything; Being proactive and responsible; Proven ability to learn quickly and become an expert; Skilled at producing quality work with limited resources.
· Assessment and Development Centres
· Behaviour Facilitation
· Content Development
· Psychological therapies like CBT, REBT, Behaviour Therapy, Client Centred Play Therapy, Relaxation Therapy
· Psychological Assessments like personality tests, intelligence tests, projective tests, diagnostic tests, aptitude tests
16 yrs across 6 sectors (Wellness, Retail, Supply Chain, Financial Services, Education)
Sid is a result oriented, versatile leader with a coveted multi-sector exposure to running cos at different stages of evolution (start-up, growth and turnaround situations) having worked very closely with 4 MD's/CEOs + influenced a vast number of stakeholders in his remarkable 16 yr career. (> 60 recommendations received are listed).
Over the years, he has successfully handled extremely critical + diverse functions ranging from Strategy (incl Analytics), Corporate Affairs (Media & Investor Relations / Communications), BD & Mkting, Ops & SCM, HR + Corp Fin (M&A).
He is a self starter, an innovative thinker having the ability to effectively navigate complex and ambiguous situations while operating within constraints.
Sid is a young, dynamic leader, firm decision maker possessing fluent communication & smart negotiation skills, sharp analytical abilities, acute attention to detail, systems orientation and an unwavering spirit to keep learning!
He is an alumnus of IIM Indore, JBIMS, ICAI and a graduate in commerce from Mumbai University.
Thanks to the diverse exposure over the years (across Wellness & Healthcare, Retail, Supply Chain, Furnishings, Financial & Consulting Services, Education), Sid has developed a strong natural ability to draw learnings from multiple sectors & domains and adapt, apply them in varied contexts. This empowers his strategic thinking & decision making capabilities. Also he has smartly blended his hands-on approach with the imperative of building & driving high potential teams towards meticulous execution.
This makes him highly confident of handling senior roles like Business Head with P&L responsibility, Chief Strategy Officer or a Business Consultant. For some he could even don the hat of a TRULY Independent Director (DIN: 07313029)
The fact that he is extremely comfortable with Hi Variable comp & Aggressive ESOPS is a reflection of his self belief & confidence in overcoming business challenges & EXCEEDING performance metrics.
Career Guide, Educationist, Author and Clinical Psychologist
Dr. K.V Anand is a PhD in Counseling Psychology from Fort Jones University USA with MSc In Applied Psychology and MS in Psychotherapy. He is an expert in psychometric tests to facilitate awareness about various psychological traits, personality, skills, aptitude etc. He is a Certified Motivation trainer and personality development trainer. He is experienced in evaluating of psychology or psychiatry cases. Uses Psychometric tests such as personality, bipolar disorder test evaluation, student counseling. He has more than 9 years experience in soft skill training field covering career guidance, education, motivation, personality development, team building, leadership skills, stress management, conflict management, decision making. Beside this he is a active writer and have books related to psychology under his name such as “Adolescence mental Problems” and ”Infant and Child Psychology”
See All Questions