Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Very good question and I am happy that by this it indicates that you wish to remove this fear within you.
Today as you get into the job market, public speaking has become of utmost importance. When you start working in a team, you definitely have an edge over others if you can speak to many people at once from a stage or a corner. This indicates leadership skill.
Everybody generally has a stage fear and if not removed with practice it keeps building on and causes low confidence level.
To remove stage fear do the following things:
1. Stand in front of the mirror in your own room and speak some paragraph which is by heart. If not start with a reading material in hand and keep looking in the mirror. By this you will come to know how you look while speaking, also this will help in removing any extra or absurd facial expressions.
2. Then ask your family members (min. 5) to sit in the drawing room and try to narrate a story or give a speech on a topic of your choice. Ask your family members to encourage you and not laugh at you if you make mistakes.
3. Next ask your college friends (min.15) to sit in the classroom and you on the stage or with a podium. Try telling a story or explain a subject chapter to them. You can initiate this activity in your college group and also help them remove the stage fear.
The above things will help you build confidence in yourself adn give you the starter to public speaking. As much as you practice, one day soon you will realise that you no more feel uncomfortable or tensed while speaking to any number of people in front of you.
A beautiful suggestion given by Dr. Anand.
I just would like to add that, recognise the reason for fear and work on that factor.
Also note that when one realises the need for change, the change happens automatically.
Secondly think why is Overcoming stage fear important to you??
What will happen if you do not overcome the fear???
Answering this simple question merging with the technique dr wrote above will help you.
Wish you good luck...
I agree with you.
Practice will make the fear removed and removing that fear is very important today in corporate world.
In order to post replies to the question: "how to over come stage fear"
Hiring for wordpress developer / HR managers / Operations/ content
Surabhi is an entrepreneur who is utilizing creativity, leadership and teamwork to design and execute CareerGuide.Com - A marketplace to get instant career answers from career experts.
Her engineering degree brings in a strong tech understanding, where as her passion for education brings her close to the venture: CareerGuide.Com. Translating her passion into a business where every student can have answers to their career questions is what she dreams of. She is a task focused leader and a coordinator.
Some of her notable contributions & Acclodes are:
* Honoured with Top 100 Social Entrepreneur -2015 by Action For India - instituted by Sam Pitroda
* Listed in India’s Top 40 Women Entreprenuer -2015 Listed by Yourstory.in
* National Education award – 2013 by Ex-MHRD minister Dr. Pallam Raju for
‘Best Career Guidance Platform”
* On recommendation group of Ministry of Labour,GOI for establishment of career service centre
* Award by Assocham in 2012 for best initiative in career counselling
* Conducted guest lecturers for students in engineering and MBA college students on first step of
starting up & innovation.
Prior to venturing in education Surabhi worked in the fields of electronic design automation (EDA) and CAD tools, chip design , battery life optimisation and low power IP.
Founder - ReInventions (Professional Banker, Career & Image Coach
Reena Saxena comes with 25+ years experience in the BFSI sector. She has handled several portfolios in HR, Branch Banking, Business Development, Product Management and Channel Management.
She holds a MMS(Finance) from Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune and additional certifications in Coaching, NABET-certified Training, Soft Skills Training from Scottish Qualifications Authority, UK, Instructional Design and Image Consultancy.
She has switched careers to being a Career & Image Coach, through her initiative ReInventions. http://reinventions.in
Personalized coaching available for students in shaping their personality. mid-career professionals looking for a change and returning women professionals.
Director at Rosary Education System, Rosary Group of Schools, Rajkot
Ph.D. in Education, an educationist having value of commitment & eager to learn new systems, can settle quickly in any academic organization, tuning technology in day today task, tech savvy, eager to upgrade and use educational technology, more comfortable with teacher training and leadership programs, having objective to contribute values and worthiness in the field of education.
MD PhD,(CABMM) and University Hospital Zurich
Mr Ajit is an Expert Biomedical Researcher trained in Biomedical engineering and Clinical Medicine. he had working experience with multidisciplinary international basic and clinical researchers.He had also worked in independent project management in clinical research.His outclass contribution in publications related to his field also counts in for his specialization.
See All Questions
Face To Face