Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Very good question and I am happy that by this it indicates that you wish to remove this fear within you.
Today as you get into the job market, public speaking has become of utmost importance. When you start working in a team, you definitely have an edge over others if you can speak to many people at once from a stage or a corner. This indicates leadership skill.
Everybody generally has a stage fear and if not removed with practice it keeps building on and causes low confidence level.
To remove stage fear do the following things:
1. Stand in front of the mirror in your own room and speak some paragraph which is by heart. If not start with a reading material in hand and keep looking in the mirror. By this you will come to know how you look while speaking, also this will help in removing any extra or absurd facial expressions.
2. Then ask your family members (min. 5) to sit in the drawing room and try to narrate a story or give a speech on a topic of your choice. Ask your family members to encourage you and not laugh at you if you make mistakes.
3. Next ask your college friends (min.15) to sit in the classroom and you on the stage or with a podium. Try telling a story or explain a subject chapter to them. You can initiate this activity in your college group and also help them remove the stage fear.
The above things will help you build confidence in yourself adn give you the starter to public speaking. As much as you practice, one day soon you will realise that you no more feel uncomfortable or tensed while speaking to any number of people in front of you.
A beautiful suggestion given by Dr. Anand.
I just would like to add that, recognise the reason for fear and work on that factor.
Also note that when one realises the need for change, the change happens automatically.
Secondly think why is Overcoming stage fear important to you??
What will happen if you do not overcome the fear???
Answering this simple question merging with the technique dr wrote above will help you.
Wish you good luck...
I agree with you.
Practice will make the fear removed and removing that fear is very important today in corporate world.
In order to post replies to the question: "how to over come stage fear"
Regional Manager at CL Educate Ltd. Navi Mumbai
Ms. Bharati has an experience of more than 10yrs with CL Educate Ltd into career counseling for students at Std XIIth level .she excels in Guiding and preparation required Though technically an MCA she found her interest in interacting with students and mentoring them in all situations be it career choice or preparation or stress management.Realizing the benefits of Meditation she studied M.D.(A.M.), Alternative and Complementary Medicine and Medical Systems.
Teacher at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro
Mr Vikash has an experience in career counselling for students from age group of 12 to 20 across various domains. He is also an experienced teacher for and specializes in coaching students for Olympiads; he works as a teacher at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Bokaro. B He possess skills in all areas of education, can counsel, motivate and direct students while maintaining high interest and achievement levels in a fun and challenging learning environment.
Career Guide to 3000+ students till date
Have been conducting career guidance workshops in 30 schools in Mumbai, Pune, Panchgani, Nasik and Goa for the past 5
Have engaged with approx. 3,000 students both collectively in groups as well as individually for various programs
Deep knowledge of various career options available and the course details
Handled more than 5000 career queries on email over the last 5 years
Commerce Graduate and an MBA in Finance from IIM Indore
Career Advisor / Phd Scholar
A Psychologist with 13 years of experience in corporate, schools and hospitals. Have coordinated training programs, and developed a new product for leadership development of adolescents, conducted many workshops and lectures for parents, teachers and students during my tenure at the school.
Dealing with clients who have problems concerning adjustment with work, family and helping them lead a better and healthy life is what I strive for. Using therapeutic techniques and assessment tools has helped me so far in making a difference in the life’s of those that I worked with.
The core characteristics that have helped define and guide my career and personal relationships have been focused on flexibility, commitment, openness, challenge, and growth. Managing time and ability of multi-tasking; Excellent communication & convincing skills; Managing Events and good team player; Eye for details and striving for excellence in everything; Being proactive and responsible; Proven ability to learn quickly and become an expert; Skilled at producing quality work with limited resources.
· Assessment and Development Centres
· Behaviour Facilitation
· Content Development
· Psychological therapies like CBT, REBT, Behaviour Therapy, Client Centred Play Therapy, Relaxation Therapy
· Psychological Assessments like personality tests, intelligence tests, projective tests, diagnostic tests, aptitude tests
See All Questions