Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Are you sure that Psychology is your career option for life? You being into commerce till 12th, it offered excellent options for a good career.
Jamia Millia Islamia University is a good University and as per the eligibility you can get admission into Psychology Honours course. You need to get admitted to BA Psychology Honours course.
Looking at your change of stream, please make sure that this is career you wish to choose. If you are confused or not 100% sure, to be best sure of what suits you for your career, I would suggest you to undergo an online psychometric test from CareerGuide which will help you understand yourself in respect of your strengths, weaknesses, emotional quotient, etc. and will exactly tell you which career is ideal for you.You can then call counsellors to discuss.
Congratulations, on passing the 12th exams.
Since this is the time for you to select a career and be firm on it.Since Psychology is from the Humanities or ARTS background, you coming from the commerce stream need to be very much sure before you take it up as a specialization.Though you are eligible to shift stream, it is still advisable that you rethink why you wish to get into Psychology
But also note that, like commerce Humanities do not help you securing a job just after Graduation. You will have to pursue a masters degree, to get into the work field, so in short 5 years of study before you get into working.
But prior to this discussion, it would be good to be confirmed, knowing your skills, so better get an Aptitude tests done. It will be a guide whether you have chosen the right stream or not.
Wish you all the very best..........
This is crucial phase to decide career path and choose right career. Career choice made after 12th determines your career path. Well, let me first address your concerns.
I can not understand your question. What is your question? Well have assumed that you want to ask whether you can do graduation in Psychology with commerce background and what is the admission procedure.
Do you want to know whether you can do graduation in Psychology with commerce background?
Yes. You can. One can pursue graduation in Psychology from any stream.
Do you need guidance about admission procedure for BA in Psychology at JMI?For admission detail, please contact the department of Psychology.Department of PsychologyAddress: First Floor, Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, Zakir Nagar Okhla, New Delhi, Delhi 110025Phone:011 2698 1717
Before you decide career in psychology, I would suggest you to take up career assessment - ideal career available at www.careerguide.com. This is help you understand your aptitude, interest and personality traits very well. After understanding career assessment report and talking with counselor, you take career decision.
Hope this helps you. If you have any queries, feel free to talk with me or write back to me. I would be happy to help you decide right career option.
Best Wishes,Apurvakumar Pandya, PhD
Counselor at Adaptive Minds
Mrs. Meghna is a Postgraduate in clinical Psychology. She had been a part of several workshops related to Personality Enhancement, Counseling, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Therapy, Hypnosis for self Healing etc. She works at Adaptive Mind as freelance counselor and had worked as an executive counselor at Growth Centre, School Counselor at Billabong High International School, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Vidya mandir. Her areas of expertise include Human Resources Management with Clinical Psychology. Currently working as a Brain mapping analyst
Career Advisor / Phd Scholar
A Psychologist with 11+ years of experience in corporate, schools and hospitals. Have coordinated training programs, and developed a new product for leadership development of adolescents, conducted many workshops and lectures for parents, teachers and students during my tenure at the school.
Dealing with clients who have problems concerning adjustment with work, family and helping them lead a better and healthy life is what I strive for. Using therapeutic techniques and assessment tools has helped me so far in making a difference in the life’s of those that I worked with.
The core characteristics that have helped define and guide my career and personal relationships have been focused on flexibility, commitment, openness, challenge, and growth. Managing time and ability of multi-tasking; Excellent communication & convincing skills; Managing Events and good team player; Eye for details and striving for excellence in everything; Being proactive and responsible; Proven ability to learn quickly and become an expert; Skilled at producing quality work with limited resources.
· Assessment and Development Centres
· Behaviour Facilitation
· Content Development
· Psychological therapies like CBT, REBT, Behaviour Therapy, Client Centred Play Therapy, Relaxation Therapy
· Psychological Assessments like personality tests, intelligence tests, projective tests, diagnostic tests, aptitude tests
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
patented mLearning softskills – acquired from 10 countries – 1.8M regd users...1-on-1 platform for fluent spoken English
* Majority are still offering the so called multimedia that are not the right solution to train the “Organs of Speech” – might be okay for understanding. Many use Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) – an open source – but the users simply cannot compare these generic graphs manually – a user doesn't know on how to improve.
* Some use String Comparator that simply says “yes” or “no” – a recent extension, percentage score pops up in the exact ratio the number of words in that sentence – obviously, only one parameter, "Spoke" or "didn't" – and hence no feedback on how to improve.
* Automatic Speech Analysis System (ASAS©) – patented – pinpoints the exact problems, which Syllable/ Phoneme – and hence provides instant scores on four different parameters, and hence auto-personalized detailed feedback on how to improve the specifics.
* Internet-games-like self-competition-creating ASAS© programs the subconscious mind unknowingly to speak the most frequent words, unit ideas and expressions fluidly.
* All content including the accent on any subject as per any curriculum may be transformed using ASAS©
* Trainers make the most of blended-learning and assign “listening & speaking” homework – scores auto-log at the alma mater.
* CBSE, AICTE, NSDC or Staffing & Recruiting organizations use MyET to self-generate effortless endless speech – authorities conduct automated, and hence unbiased personalized assessments of “speaking and listening" skills.
* Call Centres use MyET for voice modulation & accent neutralization (MTI) – and even modifying to an American or British native.
* Patent awarded by 9 leading nations including that of developed western countries
* Already bundled with HP and ACER PCs in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan etc.
* Private servers for universities and big educational chains
* Language Lab on USB flash-drive works on LAN as well – world's smallest but still the most economical despite being widely patented
Free Trial: LLabs.com
See All Questions