Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Hello Mahendra ,
A warm welcome to Career Guide.com
Thanks for visiting us and writing us your career query.
Its good to hear that you have been planning to make your career in the Banking sector as a Bank PO.
Banking career is considered as the highly reputed and prestigious career option in the country. The banking career is witnessing a rapid growth in the country ever in the history. There are many students who are aspiring to write the Banks exams and are willing to make their career in the Banking Sector.
Bank PO is higher designation offered in the Government Banking Sector. Bank PO exam is conducted for the students who are Graduates.There are two types of Bank PO exam conducted.
The Candidates who aspires to make a career in SBI bank they need to give an SBI PO exam.; whereas the candidate who wish to make a career as PO in any of the Government Banks they need to give an IBPS Bank PO exam. IBPS BANK PO exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for the remaining 21 Government Banks in the Country.
The SBI Bank PO exam is conducted in 3 levels which is as follows-
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination.
3. Group Discussion
The IBPS PO exam is conducted in 2 levels
1. Common Written Exam (CWE)
Both the exams have the Negative Marking system in SBI PO negative marking is for Prelim and Main Exams and in IBPS PO its for CWE exam. The Negative marking is 1/4 th for the every wrong attempt.
While preparing for the PO exams one should prepare for the foloowing areas
1. Quantitative Aptitude- Study well the basics of Maths like Interest, percentage etc such topics from the school books. All the basics are asked in the exam of the school level. you can refer to NCERT books and also the Banking Competitive books.
2. Reasoning - Study well this topic as it is one of the scoring topic in the exam.
3. English - Study the basics of English and Grammar from the NCERT and Competitive books. Again here the level of syllabus is fo school
4. General Awareness Read Newspapers and Journals and Watch news channels on daily basis and have a good knowledge of the GK>.
5. Work on the Time Management. This is the major issue in the competitive exams.
6. Solve previous year question papers as mush as you can with the time.
7. Use tricks for solving the Maths section.
8. Attempt the questions in the exam about which you are confident and then solve the hard questions.
9. Try to attempt the right answers as much as possible in order to avoid much negative marketing.
I hope you find this information useful and helpful.
Feel free to get in touch again.
Wish you Good Luck
In order to post replies to the question: "How to start preparation for Bank PO exam? I am planning for Bank PO"
Counselor at Adaptive Minds
Mrs. Meghna is a Postgraduate in clinical Psychology. She had been a part of several workshops related to Personality Enhancement, Counseling, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Therapy, Hypnosis for self Healing etc. She works at Adaptive Mind as freelance counselor and had worked as an executive counselor at Growth Centre, School Counselor at Billabong High International School, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Vidya mandir. Her areas of expertise include Human Resources Management with Clinical Psychology. Currently working as a Brain mapping analyst
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
Founder - ReInventions ( Career Choice Facilitation I Learning & Development)
Reena Saxena is a Career Development Facilitator, Coach, Banking and Soft Skills Trainer, Content Developer, Personal Branding Consultant and Blogger. She comes from a BFSI background.
-Registered with Career Guide and Dheya Career Mentors Ltd.
- Helps people in shaping their personality, through her initiative, ReInventions.
Founder & CEO: Discovering Careers India
Dr. Anand has 10+ yrs experience in education and financial sector, 12+ yrs into writing articles and books. He advises on Finance, Banking, Management, Commerce, Engineering, Education. B.Com, M.A. Economics, PGDFB (SIBM), DIT, Ph.D (Education Economics)
See All Questions