Gau B

I have completed MBA in HR and want to become hr guru and how within 5 years.

Have completed MBA in HR and want to become hr guru and how within 5 years.


by Gau B
2 answers
| Share :

2 answers

RE: I have completed MBA in HR and want to become hr guru and how within 5 years.

Sumit Basu
Sumit Basu
Verified Career Expert
Head at MARKS Consultancy Services
  • Kolkata

Hi Shahid ,

When you say HR-guru, then must have some-one(name) in mind. Try to follow the path adopted by that person and lead towards your goal.if that will happen in 5yrs., depends on your chioce of the Guru.
Regards,
Sumit

Is this your Ideal Career -- Take Ideal Career Test to know it --> Click Here !

RE: I have completed MBA in HR and want to become hr guru and how within 5 years.

Dr Aparna
Dr Aparna
Verified Career Expert
PhD Organizational Psychology
  • Hosur

This is one such unique and inspiring question I have come across on Meracareerguide. To be honest, you have an amazing career goal in life, and it is certainly possible if you adapt the right career path. Let me first explain the ideology behind being a subject guru and then will go ahead with explaining how you could become one in your near future.


Management guru/ HR guru:An exceptional professional who is a subject matter expert is known to be a management guru or a HR guru if working in the field of human resource management. Ideally a person needs to be an expert in his theoretical side of subject and along with it gain professional work experience in his subject and this way they are known as subject guru. So being an expert both in theory and practice equips the professional to be a guru of his subject. Now I shall explain the process of becoming how to gain expertise in theory and practice.

1. Theoretical expertise:
The only way to gain theoretical experience is gaining indepth subject knowledge by formally sitting for a degree program.
To become a HR expert, you need to possess compulsorily either an MBA with HR or a PhD in HR. Infact, having a PhD degree is more advisable as PhD's are usually engaged in creative research thinking and this way they develop new theories and concepts. PhD's work are almost 100% research work and this way they have good provision to develop new HR theories. Thus a PhD candidate who produces remarkable theories is known as the subject guru. If you look at the list of management gurus in the world, almost 85% of them are with PhD degree and have introduced remarkable new theories in their subject. The rest 15% are through other higher degrees along with long standing professional record. So I would advice you to give priority to studying a PhD in HR and then work on research area, kindle on existing theories, produce new theoretical concepts to become a HR guru. In case you cant commit to a PhD, you may undergo the MBA HR too.
2. Practical expertise:
While having an academic expertise is highly essential to become a subject guru, it is equally important to gain practical experience as well. This explains 50% expertise in theory and 50% experience from practical work. The knowledge you gain from your degree has to be practically implemented in a work setting. So completing your degree, you should start testing the theories in your day to day job. As you gain work experience, you tend to become a professional in your subject with years passing by. This way you will start testing your theories, develop strategies and this way you become a guru.

Finally it is equally important to get indepth subject knowledge by sitting for a formal degree course and as well putting the theory into practice. The art of becoming a guru is also through developing new theories and concepts.

Is this your Ideal Career -- Take Ideal Career Test to know it --> Click Here !

RE: I have completed MBA in HR and want to become hr guru and how within 5 years.

This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.
Latest Answers

Which is better to do graduation b.com or bba

At the graduate level, B.Com offers better job opportunities as compared to BBA. Although there are various job opportun .. READ MORE

I wish to pursue my career in bank

Thanks For Share Your Question With us. If you Want to Get a Government job in Banking Sector RBI Grade B is the Best Option For You to Get a High Sal .. READ MORE

how to become CA

The articled training is of 3 years and a CA student can either appear for CA Final exam after completing the articled training or .. READ MORE

can i get a bank job after 12th

Hello, Most Bank Jobs requires a Graduation degree to apply. So in my opinion, you cannot apply for bank jobs after the 12th. After Complete Graduatio .. READ MORE
Most Popular
Caching Date: 8/4/2021 12:34:15 PM