Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Thanks for putting up your question at CareerGuide !
To address your query properly, can you please answer following questions?
I am sharing possible career options after 12th in Arts stream
You can purse graduation courses through regular or distance mode depending upon the course and your justification for the preference.
1. Bachelor of Arts: BA is 3 years course. You can pursue BA in following subjects:
Languages (India and Foreign languages), Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Archaeology, Journalism and Mass Communication, Politics, Geography, Indian Culture, Social Work etc.
2. Management: You can pursue either BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration), BBM (Bachelor in Business Management) or BRM (Bachelor in Retail Management). There are many courses in entrepreneurship development, etc. You can also choose 5 years integrated course (BBA+MBA) from reputed institutions.
3. Arts and Design: You can pursue your career in creative field. BFA (Bachelor in Fine Arts), BDes (Bachelor in Design), BFD (Bechalor in Fashion Design) from institutions like NID, NIFT, MS University of Baroda etc. You can also pursue career in Animation and Multimedia, graphic design etc.
4. Law: You can pursue LLB, and CS.You can do Bachelor of Art in Human Rights as well.
5. Hotel Management: You can pursue 3 years B.H.M. (Bachelor of Hotel Management) course.
6. Social Work : You can pursue either BA in social work or BSW (Bachelor in Social Work). There are Bachelor courses in Rural Development as well.
7. Family and Community Sciences: You can pursue BFcs (Bachelor of Family and Community Sciences) from Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The MS University of Baroda.
8. Communication: You can pursue specialized courses in Mass communication, extension communication etc.
9. Aviation courses (for Cabin Crew/ground staff). If you are interested to make career in aviation industry then you can pursue various courses for cabin crew, ground staff, etc. Usually, the course duration is between 1-3 years.
10. Physical Eduation: You can do B.P.Ed. (Bachelor of Physical Education), or BYT (Bachelor of Yoga Therapy).
11. Early Childhood Education: B.El.Ed.(Bachelor of Elementary Education) which is 4 years long course.
11. Vocational courses: Vocational course are available in Early Childhood Education, health sciences, public nutrition etc.
If you are still confused and not able to take up appropriate stream, I would recommend you to take up Ideal Career Test from Career Guide . This will help you know your aptitude, interest and personality traits and also the assessment report will suggest most potential career field. In addition to the report, you will get an opportunity to talk with Career Expert from Career Guide to discuss assessment results and prepare career plan.
Hope this is helpful.
Wish you all the best in your career,
With Best Regards,Apurva Kumar Pandya, PhD
It's depends on your interests. There are many options to choose from as your career after 12th Arts. If you are passionate about lectureship or fellowship, you can try for the one of the best exams "CSIR NET" exam, it is a test to test eligibility for college and university level lectureship and for the award of JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) for Indians.
CSIR NET is the exam of national level which is conducted by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research to check and test candidate's eligibility so that if they can apply for Lectureship and the other exam is CSIR NET JRF is to test for eligibility of candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) program. If you qualifies this then this makes your place to become as Assistant Professor at any of the top universities found in India.
Basically, this exam is to determine the ability and ensure least standards for the candidates in teaching professions and research.
Career Guide, Educationist, Author and Clinical Psychologist
Dr. K.V Anand is a PhD in Counseling Psychology from Fort Jones University USA with MSc In Applied Psychology and MS in Psychotherapy. He is an expert in psychometric tests to facilitate awareness about various psychological traits, personality, skills, aptitude etc. He is a Certified Motivation trainer and personality development trainer. He is experienced in evaluating of psychology or psychiatry cases. Uses Psychometric tests such as personality, bipolar disorder test evaluation, student counseling. He has more than 9 years experience in soft skill training field covering career guidance, education, motivation, personality development, team building, leadership skills, stress management, conflict management, decision making. Beside this he is a active writer and have books related to psychology under his name such as “Adolescence mental Problems” and ”Infant and Child Psychology”
Dr. Apurva is a doctorate and a post graduate in clinical psychology from the M S University of Baroda. He is an alumnus of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai and Columbia University of New York City,USA. He posses extensive experience in the field of counseling. He worked with many organizations, Government departments as a behavioral consultant and trainer. He has been serving as a resource person, mentor and master trainer to train counselors in various States. He regularly writes blogs, articles, book reviews and papers. Currently, he is working with International Non-for-profit organization and providing counseling services.
Founder And Director At Canvas Career
Mr. Prathamesh is a Certified Career Consultant by Psytech International (bps) UK and is also a Certified Trainer for Life Skills; he is pursuing Narrative Therapy from Adelaide, Australia. He has been in to career counseling for more than 8 years now he practices MINDFULNESS psychotherapy with students. He possesses vast experience in teaching and career counseling. Currently he is associated with FUEL NGO. He had counseled over laces of students and is a founder director of Canvas Career Consultancy, committed to conduct Psychometric assessments for students and do career counseling by making them aware about new career avenues
Delhi-NCR based Counselling Psychologist, certified Life Coach & NLP Practitioner, Brain Gym Expert, Art therapist and Dyslexia therapist, specialized in childhood development, who has more than 10 years of experience working with children with autism and children struggling with behavioral, developmental, and emotional problems. She assists teenagers struggling with problems like eating disorders, depression, and anxiety. The following are her specialty areas: Conducting educational and IQ tests, Diagnosing and recommending treatments for children struggling with learning disabilities and assisting children with behavioral problems.
Ms. Parul is an alumunus of Jamia Milia Islamia University and is Masters in Applied Psychology, specialized in Clinical Psychology. She is currently associated with an educational set up where she is the Head of the department, Counselling and Psychology, working in the areas of school mental health, life skills trainning, career counselling, handling emotional problems, management of learning disabilities, stress management and handling behavioural issues in children and adolescents. She recently received Teachers Excellence Award 2016, in recognition of her outstanding contribution in education by Indian Education Network, felicitated by deputy CM, Mr. Manish Sisodhia and a letter of appreciation for the academic year 2013-14 and 2014-15, from Smriti Zubin Irani, Minister Human Resource Development Government of India for facilitating student performance in CBSE AISSCE. Also received the SDKR EXCELLENCE AWARD 2017 for Outstanding Counselling Ideas & Initiatives taken in providing counselling and career guidance to school students.
See All Questions