Prem Naik

what should I do after 12th Arts

by Prem Naik
2 answers
| Share :

2 answers

RE: what should I do after 12th Arts

Apurva Kumar Pandya, PhD
Apurva Kumar Pandya, PhD
Verified Career Expert
Consulting Psychologist
  • Delhi

Dear Prem,

Thanks for putting up your question at CareerGuide ! 

To address your query properly, can you please answer following questions?

  • Which subjects like you the most?
  • What are your interest areas ?  
  • Which field you feel you can do well or you want to make career in?
  • What kind of job you prefer to do?
  • What are your strengths areas?

I am sharing possible career options after 12th in  Arts stream

You can purse graduation courses through regular or distance mode depending upon the course and your justification for the preference.

1. Bachelor of Arts: BA is 3 years course. You can pursue BA in following subjects:

Languages (India and Foreign languages), Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Archaeology, Journalism and Mass Communication, Politics, Geography, Indian Culture, Social Work etc.

2. Management: You can pursue either BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration), BBM (Bachelor in Business Management) or BRM (Bachelor in Retail Management). There are many courses in entrepreneurship development, etc. You can also choose 5 years integrated course (BBA+MBA) from reputed institutions.

3. Arts and Design: You can pursue your career in creative field. BFA (Bachelor in Fine Arts), BDes (Bachelor in  Design), BFD (Bechalor in Fashion Design) from institutions like NID, NIFT, MS University of Baroda etc. You can also pursue career in Animation and Multimedia, graphic design etc.

4. Law: You can pursue LLB, and CS.You can do Bachelor of Art in Human Rights as well.

5. Hotel Management: You can pursue 3 years B.H.M. (Bachelor of Hotel Management) course.

6. Social Work : You can pursue either BA in social work or BSW (Bachelor in Social Work). There are Bachelor courses in Rural Development as well.

7. Family and Community Sciences: You can pursue BFcs (Bachelor of Family and Community Sciences) from  Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The MS University of Baroda.

8.  Communication: You can pursue specialized courses in Mass communication, extension communication etc.

9. Aviation courses (for Cabin Crew/ground staff). If you are interested to make career in aviation industry then you can pursue various courses for cabin crew, ground staff, etc. Usually, the course duration is between 1-3 years.

10. Physical Eduation: You can do B.P.Ed. (Bachelor of Physical Education), or BYT (Bachelor of Yoga Therapy). 

11. Early Childhood Education: B.El.Ed.(Bachelor of Elementary Education) which is 4 years long course.

11. Vocational courses: Vocational course are available in Early Childhood Education, health sciences, public nutrition etc.

If you are still confused and not able to take up appropriate stream, I would recommend you to take up Ideal Career Test from Career Guide . This will help you know your aptitude, interest and personality traits and also the assessment report will suggest most potential career field. In addition to the report, you will get an opportunity to talk with Career Expert from Career Guide to discuss assessment results and prepare career plan.

Hope this is helpful.

Wish you all the best in your career,

With Best Regards,
Apurva Kumar Pandya, PhD


RE: what should I do after 12th Arts

Ankur Sharma
Ankur Sharma

It's depends on your interests. There are many options to choose from as your career after 12th Arts. If you are passionate about lectureship or fellowship, you can try for the one of the best exams "CSIR NET" exam, it is a test to test eligibility for college and university level lectureship and for the award of JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) for Indians.

CSIR NET is the exam of national level which is conducted by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research to check and test candidate's eligibility so that if they can apply for Lectureship and the other exam is CSIR NET JRF is to test for eligibility of candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) program. If you qualifies this then this makes your place to become as Assistant Professor at any of the top universities found in India.

Basically, this exam is to determine the ability and ensure least standards for the candidates in teaching professions and research.

RE: what should I do after 12th Arts

This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.
Latest Answers

Hi sneha, can u recommend some professional related to career counselling

  I am extremely eye-catching, chatty, and brilliant lady with significantly eye-catching characteristics, you will never find out in other alwar .. READ MORE

Difference between sponsored and non sponsored candidate for admission in NPTI?

What is sponsored candidate meaning?   Sponsored Candidate means the candidate having minimum of two years of full time work experience counted a .. READ MORE

Minimum age limit to attend 10th class exam?

what is the minimum age for 10th class ?   As per the guidlines of central board of secondary education (CBSE) the minimum age to appear in the 1 .. READ MORE

How to become a doctor after completing BSc Nursing degree?

What are medical courses after BSc nursing Nursing One of the most well-respected vocations on the planet is that of a nurse. They play an essential .. READ MORE
Most Popular

Professional courses after 12th for Bio-Maths students?

Professional courses after 12th for Bio Maths students Best Courses after 12th bio maths : Biomaths Bio Maths are the finest combo because they open u .. READ MORE

What is the scope in doing economics hons and also the career jobs related to it?

Economics Honours Scope Economics (Hons.) has recently received a lot of traction among recruiters. Students with a bachelor's degree have several job .. READ MORE

How to become a doctor after completing BSc Nursing degree?

What are medical courses after BSc nursing Nursing One of the most well-respected vocations on the planet is that of a nurse. They play an essential .. READ MORE

What is the procedure to join Indian Navy after class 12th

How To JOIN INDIAN NAVY AFTER 12TH Candidates who want jobs in the Indian Navy must have passed the Matriculation Examination. It means these vacanci .. READ MORE
Caching Date: 12/4/2021 7:21:16 AM