Top Universities In The World For Hotel Management refers to the administration and operation of hotels, resorts, and other hospitality establishments. It encompasses a wide range of responsibilities aimed at ensuring the smooth functioning and profitability of the hotel. Hotel management involves overseeing various aspects, including guest services, front office operations, housekeeping, food and beverage management, sales and marketing, human resources, financial management, and maintenance.
Top Universities In The World For Hotel Management
- School of Hotel Administration (Cornell University), USA
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland
- William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration (University of Nevada), USA
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management (University of Central Florida), USA
- Oxford School of Hospitality Management (Oxford Brookes University), United Kingdom
- Hotelschool The Hague (Hospitality Business School), Netherlands
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
School of Hotel Administration (Cornell University), USA
Cornell University is a pioneer of the hospitality business for almost a century since 1922. The partnership with the Statler Hotel, situated on the grounds, offers a rich learning experience. Around 200 students work intimately with experts where they can apply their abilities. They have a program for third-year students to study abroad to get some important global experience.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) is one of the most prestigious and renowned hotel management schools in the world. Located in Switzerland, EHL has a rich history and tradition in hospitality education dating back to 1893. It offers a range of programs and degrees in hotel management, hospitality management, and related fields.
EHL is known for its rigorous academic curriculum combined with practical training and experiential learning opportunities. The school emphasizes a hands-on approach to education, providing students with real-world experiences through internships, industry projects, and collaborations with leading hotels and organizations.
William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration (University of Nevada), USA
The William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, located at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), is a renowned institution for hotel management education in the United States. Established in 1967, the college has developed a strong reputation for its comprehensive programs and industry-focused curriculum. The Harrah College offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs in hospitality management, including a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, a Master of Hospitality Administration, and a Doctor of Philosophy in Hospitality Administration.
Rosen College of Hospitality Management (University of Central Florida), USA
The Rosen College offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in hospitality management, including a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, a Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management, and a Doctor of Philosophy in Hospitality Management. These programs provide students with a solid foundation in hospitality operations, marketing, finance, event management, and strategic planning.
One of the strengths of the Rosen College is its state-of-the-art facilities. The college boasts a 159,000-square-foot campus, equipped with industry-standard classrooms, laboratories, food production and beverage management facilities, and a full-scale, on-campus hotel. These facilities provide students with hands-on learning opportunities and a simulated hospitality environment.
Oxford School of Hospitality Management (Oxford Brookes University), United Kingdom
The OSHM at Oxford Brookes University is highly regarded for its excellence in hospitality education and research. The school offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in hospitality management, including a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in International Hospitality Management, a Master of Science in International Hospitality, Events, and Tourism Management, and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Hospitality Management.
Hotelschool The Hague (Hospitality Business School), Netherlands
Hotelschool The Hague, also known as the Hospitality Business School, is a renowned educational institution located in the Netherlands. It is one of the leading schools in the field of hospitality management and offers a range of programs and courses focused on preparing students for careers in the hospitality industry.
Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
Les Roches International School of Hotel Management is a renowned educational institution located in Switzerland. Established in 1954, it has gained global recognition for its excellence in hospitality education. With a focus on practical learning and industry exposure, Les Roches provides a comprehensive curriculum that prepares students for successful careers in the hospitality and service industries.
FAQ's about Top Universities In The World For Hotel Management
A1: Some of the top universities in the world for hotel management include:
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) – Switzerland
- Cornell University School of Hotel Administration – United States
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management – Switzerland
- Glion Institute of Higher Education – Switzerland
- Hotel School, The Hague – Netherlands
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School – Australia
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Hotel and Tourism Management – Hong Kong
- Oxford School of Hospitality Management – United Kingdom
- Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management – United Arab Emirates
- Shannon College of Hotel Management – Ireland
A2: The ranking of universities for hotel management can vary depending on the source. However, some common criteria used to determine the rankings include:
- Academic reputation: The quality and reputation of the faculty, research output, and teaching methods.
- Industry reputation: The perception of the university by industry professionals, employers, and alumni.
- Facilities and resources: The availability of state-of-the-art facilities, industry connections, and internships.
- International outlook: The diversity of the student body, faculty, and global partnerships.
- Student satisfaction: Feedback from current and former students regarding the quality of education, support services, and overall experience.
- Graduate employability: The success of graduates in securing relevant jobs and career advancement.
A: Some psychology programs in Germany are taught in English, especially at the master’s level. However, bachelor’s programs are predominantly taught in German. It’s important to research the specific programs you are interested in to determine the language of instruction.