Gaming is a craze among the youth, and the economy…
Do you want to be a game designer? Do you dream of designing the next great video game and becoming famous in the process? If so, then this blog post is perfect for getting started. It will walk you through everything from choosing a college program to learning what skills are needed for success as a game designer. So read on if you think that this sounds like an exciting career path!
The Bachelor’s degree is designed to prepare students with critical thinking, problem solving skills and creativity needed for designing entry level positions or advancement into upper management, marketing & business development jobs within the video game industries world wide. The Bachelor’s program meets 100% of its educational goals on average across all schools that offer it by combining rigorous coursework with interactive projects, mentorships, internships and capstone experiences that are conducted collaboratively in team settings while also providing opportunities for leadership experience through student clubs, conferences and individual student initiatives.
1. Provide the necessary skills needed for designing entry level positions or advancement into upper management, marketing & business development jobs within the video game industry world wide.
2. Develop critical thinking, problem solving skills and creativity through rigorous coursework with interactive projects, mentorships, internships and capstone experiences that are conducted collaboratively in team settings while also providing opportunities for leadership experience through student clubs, conferences and individual student initiatives.
3. Prepare students who have completed a degree program elsewhere with the relevant education they need to enter this industry as qualified professionals by combining their prior study with additional courses specific to the specialized needs of this fast-moving industry.
4. Expose students to the rapid changes taking place in this industry by providing a curriculum that is responsive to the demands of current and emerging markets.
5. Expect graduates with an ability to analyze, design and create games for any platform or device such as PC, mobile, tablet etc., while also exploiting opportunities on social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
6. For many people who have been playing video games since they were young children, it may be difficult to imagine a life without them. In recent years, there has been considerable growth in both the number of types of video games available as well as the amount of time spent on gaming consoles worldwide each day.
There are a few other skills that may be advantageous for those with an interest in game design and these include the following:
Modeling and texturing of characters or environments using computer graphics software such as Maya; Sound production expertise in order to produce soundtracks and create sound effects; Programming languages like C++ or Java mean you can code games from scratch. This is beneficial if you want to branch into creating your own titles rather than coming up with new ideas for existing franchises. The ability to play music instruments might also be a big plus for those who are interested in composing their own music.
A college degree is required to enter the field of game design; even if you do not intend to program, this diploma is still required because employers will value your skills more and want someone with appropriate experience on their team.
There is no set salary range because what you earn depends largely on how much experience you have, where you work, and also your personal qualifications, like any degrees or certificates beyond just the degree required for entry level positions. However, most people can expect salaries of around $50K or more once they start working in mid-career positions.
By – Priyanka Dhillon
So this is the end of the post Become an expert in game design with a bachelor’s degree. Hope You Enjoyed it. Here are more Career Related Blog Posts.