Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
The very short description of this course can be described in following the way which can help a student know about the course at a glance.
This course is all about Oceanography. The areas that are covered under Marine Science are several like Marine Geology, Marine Biology, Marine Chemistry and Physical Oceanography and so on. This course of the master in marine science is designed for the period of two years and is spread over four Semesters. This pattern may vary from one institute to other which has to be specifically looked into by the student applying there by visiting their official website or by looking into their brochure designed for such course. For example, the one university offering this course is the University of Goa which offers this course for two years. For all practical reasons the ideal time required to complete this course is of two years term. This course of Masters of Marine Science has a lot of scope for jobs especially when the Peninsular India is blessed with the vast exposure to marine activities because India is blessed with a big and long coastal line. This is an added advantage to the Indian Students to go for some such course which has a correlation with the existing resourcefulness of India and which can help the country in turn in generating revenue by employing such graduates and post graduates.
Eligibility Requirements for M.Sc. (Master of Science) Marine Science:
Syllabus of Mater in Science (Marine Science):
The following is the syllabus that is presently prescribed by many colleges, Institutions or universities that offer this particular course. It includes almost around 33 subjects that have been categorized into compulsory subjects and optional subjects.
Compulsory Subjects are:
The subjects listed here are some of the compulsory subjects which have to be taken by a student and there is no choice. They are Marine Biochemistry, Marine Chemistry, Computational Methods in Oceanography, Marine Geology, Sedimentology, Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions and Climate change, Marine Geochemistry, Marine Microbiology, Marine Geophysics, Geophysical Fluid Mechanics, Physical Oceanography and Marine Meteorology, Marine Ecology, Estuarine and Coastal Oceanography, Physical and Inorganic Chemistry of sea-water, Marine Biodiversity and Conservation.
Optional Subjects are:
The subjects listed here are some of the optional subjects which a student may not take according to the choice and interest and there is choice of choosing one over another and they are , Marine Chemistry Dissertation, Sedimentology Practical, Marine Biology Dissertation, Marine Geology Dissertation, Marine Sciences Practical I, Marine Biology, Marine Pollution and Bio-deterioration, Remote Sensing and its Applications, Marine Sciences Practical II, Geophysical Fluid Mechanics Practical, Marine Geochemistry Practical, Open Atmosphere Interaction and Climate Change Practical, Marine Biochemistry Practical, Marine Microbiology Practical, Marine Ecology Practical, and Physical Oceanography Dissertation.
Various Colleges and Universities offering this course:
Master of Science (Marine Science) Suitability of the course:
The benefits of Master of Science (Marine Science) Course:
India being a coastal country it has vast potential in the field of marine activities. Hence there is no doubt that this course in marine science will be useful and has many benefits. Resultantly there are various job opportunities in this marine field. Some of the benefits after completing this course are:
Various types of posts and jobs for Master of Science (Marine Science):
Once the Master of Science (Marine Science) degree is completed a student has an option of becoming an engineer in Marine Science.
The scope of advanced studies in Master of Science (Marine Science):
If any candidate has a good amount of knowledge and has done proper research but is willing to take his research to further levels then he can doctorate in this subject and can do so by registering for Ph.D. (Marine Science). Further clearing National Eligibility Test or JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) would be held in getting admission to a reputed college and do Ph.D.
Recruitment (Merchant Navy)
1. Giving the counseling to students for our various courses running by SIMS.
2. Giving appropriate Career guidance according to their qualification and area of interest.
3. Generating enquiries and following up the same.
4. Representing the institute in exhibitions, education fairs and info desk.
5. Organizing seminars and events in different institute, collage & university.
6. Giving presentations in colleges & coaching classes. Maintaining the long term relationship with them.
7. Implementing pre & post marketing activities for successful completion of course.
8. Conducting market research target groups – educational institutes, students, Alumni to examine the market trend and preference for sea courses.
9. Analyze the competitor’s information and suggest improvements to attract new clients into SIMS fold.
10. Conducting corporate promotional and business development campaigns for SIMS.
11. Bringing in new business by prospecting.
12. Coordinating between various SIMS field office & Institute. Conduct of complete entrance exam procedures in your respective area.
13. Asst in arranging education loans for candidates.
14. Liaison & necessary coordination with DG Shipping, IMU, approved Doctors & government agencies towards planning, conduct & implementation of entrance exam & complete selection process.
professor at maritime/management Institute
I wish my years at sea and in the navy ----- full of rich experience is of use to the next generation of sea farers
Was awarded gold medal first rank in Diploma in port management
Specialties: I years diploma in logistic management
2 year diploma in port development and management
M Phil in management
Educationist/Director at Ashoka Education Foundation
Mr Dr.Jawahar is a doctorate in Psychology from the University of Washington. He had conducted 1202 seminars across the globe globe on various education and corporate issues with leading media houses and the UNO. He had been awarded Bharat Shiksha Ratna Samman Man of the Year-India by the US State for exemplary service in social education. He is also a author of Bestselling International Parenting Guide "Mama and Me". He is Vice President of the Chattisgarh Chapter of NHRD Network
See All Questions