Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
If you know ahead of time that you need to make a choice you can get benefits of planning ahead. It is always good to know and explore about your career at an early age.
Investigate and explore
Always do proper research on the career you are taking up. Something that looks appealing from outside may not be your ultimate calling. So do a thorough research before you take the leap!
Since work takes up most time having no interest in it would mean an unhappy and unproductive you! So, take a moment to ask “what do I enjoy? What are my interests?”
Plan your career annually
As we visit eye doctor and dentist and do many other things on an annual basis, so why not career planning? By making career planning an annual event, you will feel more secure about your career choice and direction.
Reflect and evaluate
Reflect and evaluate about your choice. Consider how comfortable you are with the choices you’ve made; talk to the counselor about your selections. Tell your family about your selections.
Do take up a career assessment at least once in your life time that would help you identify your strengths, potential weaknesses. It would also help you define skills and personal characteristics so that you can target opportunities that match talents and interests.
Take part in activities
Have fun and participate in campus life, but that doesn’t just
Mean the party life. Consider joining extra-curricular activities that support your career aspirations.
Keep in touch
It’s good to keep in touch with people more experienced that you .you should talk to them about career opportunities available, it will help you get that basic idea of the work involved in the career.
Seek professional help
Career advice by a counselor can change your life for the best. With the emergence of the new sector, there could be many opportunities’ you might be unaware of. To understand about more options one should go for career counseling.
First of all, there are no equations for having a successful career. Therefore the answer to your question of tips is very apt in that way. Only tips, advises and suggestions can be given however they would be based on experience and knowledge.
I would list some of the tips for successful career planning:
1. Choose careers and not courses. Traditionally, students and parents first look at the courses and then choose careers, which is incorrect. Once you decide your career option, then look for courses which can help you get into that career and job subsequently.
2. Get your self scientifically assessed in terms of aptitude, emotional quotient, innate abilities and skills, inclination & interests. This can be done through a psychometric test from CareerGuide.
3. Do not choose careers just on the basis of Intelligence Quotient (IQ). IQ alone cannot make full careers. IQ is the indication of your academic and mental power, which is not the same for all. Compliment it with emotional power to make good careers.
4. Do not have short term goal in a career. Plan for long term career.
5. Do not have money/salary as the parameter to choose a particular career option.
6. Get yourself expert in English language, communication skills, numerical skills which are required by the industry.
Career Advisor / Phd Scholar
A Psychologist with 11+ years of experience in corporate, schools and hospitals. Have coordinated training programs, and developed a new product for leadership development of adolescents, conducted many workshops and lectures for parents, teachers and students during my tenure at the school.
Dealing with clients who have problems concerning adjustment with work, family and helping them lead a better and healthy life is what I strive for. Using therapeutic techniques and assessment tools has helped me so far in making a difference in the life’s of those that I worked with.
The core characteristics that have helped define and guide my career and personal relationships have been focused on flexibility, commitment, openness, challenge, and growth. Managing time and ability of multi-tasking; Excellent communication & convincing skills; Managing Events and good team player; Eye for details and striving for excellence in everything; Being proactive and responsible; Proven ability to learn quickly and become an expert; Skilled at producing quality work with limited resources.
· Assessment and Development Centres
· Behaviour Facilitation
· Content Development
· Psychological therapies like CBT, REBT, Behaviour Therapy, Client Centred Play Therapy, Relaxation Therapy
· Psychological Assessments like personality tests, intelligence tests, projective tests, diagnostic tests, aptitude tests
Director at Rosary Education System, Rosary Group of Schools, Rajkot
Ph.D. in Education, an educationist having value of commitment & eager to learn new systems, can settle quickly in any academic organization, tuning technology in day today task, tech savvy, eager to upgrade and use educational technology, more comfortable with teacher training and leadership programs, having objective to contribute values and worthiness in the field of education.
Hiring for wordpress developer / HR managers / Operations/ content
Surabhi is an entrepreneur who is utilizing creativity, leadership and teamwork to design and execute CareerGuide.Com - A marketplace to get instant career answers from career experts.
Her engineering degree brings in a strong tech understanding, where as her passion for education brings her close to the venture: CareerGuide.Com. Translating her passion into a business where every student can have answers to their career questions is what she dreams of. She is a task focused leader and a coordinator.
Some of her notable contributions & Acclodes are:
* Honoured with Top 100 Social Entrepreneur -2015 by Action For India - instituted by Sam Pitroda
* Listed in India’s Top 40 Women Entreprenuer -2015 Listed by Yourstory.in
* National Education award – 2013 by Ex-MHRD minister Dr. Pallam Raju for
‘Best Career Guidance Platform”
* On recommendation group of Ministry of Labour,GOI for establishment of career service centre
* Award by Assocham in 2012 for best initiative in career counselling
* Conducted guest lecturers for students in engineering and MBA college students on first step of
starting up & innovation.
Prior to venturing in education Surabhi worked in the fields of electronic design automation (EDA) and CAD tools, chip design , battery life optimisation and low power IP.
Manager-Business Development & HR at SEAHATH Group of Companies
Ateequr Rahaman is a Certified NLP Master Practitioner, Career Coach, Education Mentor, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Orator, Sports Enthusiat
See All Questions
Face To Face