Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Why should we ask students to take career counselling and give so much importance to career counsellors ? What's repercussion if students don't take career counselling ?
Many a time, students are at the crossroads when it comes to choosing a specialized course. They either blindly follow their other classmates or surrender meekly to their parents, who thrust their opinions on them. Career counsellors can play a vital role in helping these students to make a right choice, besides it will warn their parents not to pass their unfulfilled career dreams onto their children.
Career cannot be taken for granted. There is a term we frequently use in physics called "Resonance" which in short terms means "when we are in tune with the natural frequency". When two devices are in resonance then it has been seen that there is a maximum transfer of energy between the two. Similarly if one is happy in course/subject/career, he will be more motivated, energetic, successful and confident-and the others will benefit from his/her outlook. So society as a whole benefits when people eventually are happy in their careers. Thus there will be prosperity and economic growth and everybody will live happily.
Unfortunately most of the students use the wrong model of choosing careers. They do not know how to approach and whom to approach for seeking assistance and getting unbiased discussion
The parents are busy in making both the ends meet and they are not aware of the contemporary management of Career and skills. If the student contacts them he gets an advice but it is based more on the parent's experience and not objective or matching with the student's interest.
The school/college counselor is single person dealing with bulk of students and their multiple issues. All of the students do not get an access to her and even if they do get it is manually impossible for the counselor to assess so many students and their pool of talent.
Students develop very strong bonds with their friends. The friends tend to go with herd mentality.
Many students are very influenced and impressed by the successful relatives. Parents also at times try to influence the children by the success of one relative to motivate the child. The relatives are either not accessible or they give biased opinion based upon their own experience.
Google or other search engines help only those students who know and want to clarify or confirm.
- The immediate repercussion is when the student reaches class XII and the board marks are not up to the expectation level and appropriate for the efforts done.
- This is followed up by another problem, i.e. problems in admission for college level.
- We forget that there is a difference between Career and job. In academic life the student keeps on doing mundane work in order to learn whatever is provided in the text books but there is no interest to learn the application part of it. At times the results are so poor that the student gets frustrated in life and takes hazardous measures to end all problems. The students keep on searching for jobs which they never find satisfying and this leads to employee unrest and instability. The dream job is never found.
- We know that maximum part of our life is going to be either as a student studying the subject selected or working in the profession which is somehow related to our stream selected. But still we ignore our self, our interest and our Aptitude.
Director at Rosary Education System, Rosary Group of Schools, Rajkot
Ph.D. in Education, an educationist having value of commitment & eager to learn new systems, can settle quickly in any academic organization, tuning technology in day today task, tech savvy, eager to upgrade and use educational technology, more comfortable with teacher training and leadership programs, having objective to contribute values and worthiness in the field of education.
Guidance Counselor at St. Mark's Sr. Sec. Public School
Driven by the need to contribute my best to the world, Yashaushwani currently work as a school counselor at St. Marks Sr. Sec. School and a counseling psychologist at YourDost platform. She is an experienced Creative Manager with a demonstrated history of interning in the clinical & counseling organizations and hospitals. She is skilled in Psychological Assessment, Mental Health Care, Nonprofit Organizations, and Microsoft Word, with a Post Graduation focused in Psychology from Delhi University.
Career Counselor / Certified Positive Psychilogy Coach (USA) / GRE Coach
I am a Career Counselor and a Certified Positive Psychology Coach. I have worked in Europe and the USA in various industries and functioned in a myriad of roles. While I have been an entrepreneur on the side for many years, for the past 8 years I have been a full time coach and counselor. Since 2011 I have been fully involved in helping professionals and students (engineers, pharmacy students, architects, doctors, executives etc.) achieve their work/career and personal goals via counseling and coaching. Please view my profile on LinkedIn and also visit my website at www.innerpower.in
*Post Graduate Diploma in Counseling Psychology
* Positive Psychology, Neuroscience & The Science of Happiness
* Entrepreneurial Skills
* Train The Trainer for Sales & Marketing
* Effective Learning Techniques / Powerful Mind Tools (Academic & Non-academic Skills and Habits for effective learning)
* Social Psychology
* Clinical Psychology
* Virtual Instruction
* ESL Teacher/ Business English Coach
Specialties: GRE/SAT English, Business Communication, Job Search & Interviewing Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Career Counseling, Higher Ed, Student Guidance Counselor, Life Skills Coach, Training and Development Specialist.
Co-Founder & CTO at CareerGuide
Mr. Love Chopra is Co-Founder & CTO .He wants to inculcate the idea of helping students prepare for employment oriented higher education by providing students a powerful career counseling process. Through CareerGuide he wants to make understanding of education and skills accessible to students to meet their goals. His work area is versatile and includes Information Architect, Designer, Product Developer, Programmer and an Entrepreneur.
See All Questions
Face To Face