Please enter your Mobile Number and Education Level to proceed.
Why should we ask students to take career counselling and give so much importance to career counsellors ? What's repercussion if students don't take career counselling ?
Many a time, students are at the crossroads when it comes to choosing a specialized course. They either blindly follow their other classmates or surrender meekly to their parents, who thrust their opinions on them. Career counsellors can play a vital role in helping these students to make a right choice, besides it will warn their parents not to pass their unfulfilled career dreams onto their children.
Career cannot be taken for granted. There is a term we frequently use in physics called "Resonance" which in short terms means "when we are in tune with the natural frequency". When two devices are in resonance then it has been seen that there is a maximum transfer of energy between the two. Similarly if one is happy in course/subject/career, he will be more motivated, energetic, successful and confident-and the others will benefit from his/her outlook. So society as a whole benefits when people eventually are happy in their careers. Thus there will be prosperity and economic growth and everybody will live happily.
Unfortunately most of the students use the wrong model of choosing careers. They do not know how to approach and whom to approach for seeking assistance and getting unbiased discussion
The parents are busy in making both the ends meet and they are not aware of the contemporary management of Career and skills. If the student contacts them he gets an advice but it is based more on the parent's experience and not objective or matching with the student's interest.
The school/college counselor is single person dealing with bulk of students and their multiple issues. All of the students do not get an access to her and even if they do get it is manually impossible for the counselor to assess so many students and their pool of talent.
Students develop very strong bonds with their friends. The friends tend to go with herd mentality.
Many students are very influenced and impressed by the successful relatives. Parents also at times try to influence the children by the success of one relative to motivate the child. The relatives are either not accessible or they give biased opinion based upon their own experience.
Google or other search engines help only those students who know and want to clarify or confirm.
- The immediate repercussion is when the student reaches class XII and the board marks are not up to the expectation level and appropriate for the efforts done.
- This is followed up by another problem, i.e. problems in admission for college level.
- We forget that there is a difference between Career and job. In academic life the student keeps on doing mundane work in order to learn whatever is provided in the text books but there is no interest to learn the application part of it. At times the results are so poor that the student gets frustrated in life and takes hazardous measures to end all problems. The students keep on searching for jobs which they never find satisfying and this leads to employee unrest and instability. The dream job is never found.
- We know that maximum part of our life is going to be either as a student studying the subject selected or working in the profession which is somehow related to our stream selected. But still we ignore our self, our interest and our Aptitude.
Hiring for wordpress developer / HR managers / Operations/ content
Surabhi is an entrepreneur who is utilizing creativity, leadership and teamwork to design and execute CareerGuide.Com - A marketplace to get instant career answers from career experts.
Her engineering degree brings in a strong tech understanding, where as her passion for education brings her close to the venture: CareerGuide.Com. Translating her passion into a business where every student can have answers to their career questions is what she dreams of. She is a task focused leader and a coordinator.
Some of her notable contributions & Acclodes are:
* Honoured with Top 100 Social Entrepreneur -2015 by Action For India - instituted by Sam Pitroda
* Listed in India’s Top 40 Women Entreprenuer -2015 Listed by Yourstory.in
* National Education award – 2013 by Ex-MHRD minister Dr. Pallam Raju for
‘Best Career Guidance Platform”
* On recommendation group of Ministry of Labour,GOI for establishment of career service centre
* Award by Assocham in 2012 for best initiative in career counselling
* Conducted guest lecturers for students in engineering and MBA college students on first step of
starting up & innovation.
Prior to venturing in education Surabhi worked in the fields of electronic design automation (EDA) and CAD tools, chip design , battery life optimisation and low power IP.
Lead Counsellor & Centre Operations @ TIME
Experienced working in the Education Industry. Skilled in Customer Service, Operations Management, and Business Development.
Business Development Enthusiast | Commerce Graduate | Former AIESECer
Challenging work and difficult problems excites her.
Kritika has been involved with numerous initiatives and workshops related to Building Sustainable Social Business, Personal Branding for Market Readiness and Leadership Development. Also being a coordinator in events like conducting National Education Awards, National Businesses Leadership Awards and interviewing MP, former sports player, 40+ national awardees on education and different aspects, she has developed Organizational, Networking and Management skills
Her hallmark success lied in leading a team, impaneling clients and recruiting interns of international student exchange committee through AIESEC which is a global platform for international student internships and educational exchange program.
Working in the fields of Business Development and HR not only gave her an exquisite command over spoken skills but also enhanced Critical Thinking, Analysis and Decision Making.
Kritika looks forward to a never ending learning process, where she can not only invest the best of her
efforts but also learn and grow.
Director at Rosary Education System, Rosary Group of Schools, Rajkot
Ph.D. in Education, an educationist having value of commitment & eager to learn new systems, can settle quickly in any academic organization, tuning technology in day today task, tech savvy, eager to upgrade and use educational technology, more comfortable with teacher training and leadership programs, having objective to contribute values and worthiness in the field of education.
See All Questions
Face To Face