Public Admin & Government - Career Queries

The civil service system is the backbone of the administrative machinery of the country. Civil Services of India can be classified into two types - the All India Services and the Central Civil Services (Group A and B). The recruits are university graduates (or above) selected through a rigorous system of examinations, called the Civil Services Examination (CSE) conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Dear FriendThank you very much for approaching [][1] which provides you the concrete and hallmark decision making power to excel the excellent career. My friend I ahve huge respect for such towering institution that is [Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)][2]which offers the array of jobs at the top level. In order to achieve the goal you have to be prepared mentally that comes through the self motivation, sincere effort, self-belief, commitment, competency and overall comfortability with the opted subjects which must be commanded with your deep academic niche othe

An IAS Officer has to be a teacher,guide,official,leader,bureaucrat,inspector,philosopher,knowledgeable,disaster manager,communicator between people and the Govt.,task master,collector,magistrate and managing the administration wherever he or she is working.He/She is appointed by the the public interest.He has to show his best performance while serving the nation.

As such just being a Finance graduate does have good scope in terms of either joining a bank or any other company in io accounts,and then train yourself to move up the ladder.   BSE and NSE, are sure shot job oriented courses and without a doubt train you towards the never ending market trend, Stock markets.With this knowledge you can help either companies or individual investors with their investment issue. Chances of you doing it on your own also is high. But since its a volatile market, trends can fluctuate, so be ready to face both ups and downs here.But a perfect reading,whic

Dear Priyanka,Its fully depends on your career interest. As you said that you are doing Mass communication/journalism and its additional advantage to appear IFS. you can go for prepare IFS side by side but, remember the competition is very tough you should give maximum time to clear it.Selection Procedure: The officials of the IFS are selected by the Union Public Service Commission through a three-stage combined selection process called the Civil Services Examination, known for being extremely challenging, that recruits officers for 20 other Group A services and five Group B services.The first

Dear Brajesh, Hello. You can opt from the following mentioned options which are suitable for you since you are from PCB Stream. These are the options which don't require MBBS.  Bachelor's degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Fisheries/Forestry/Home Science and Biotechnology. For this you have to appear in All India Entrance Exam for Agriculture (AIEEA-UG) conducted by Indian Council Of Agricultural Research New Delhi.        2. Paramedical Occupations like Speech therapy, Nursing, radiography, Emergency First Aid, Physiotherapy, Dietetics. For example you can do B.Sc

Hi Suprit.. If you are very much confident about Civil Service, you can go for that. Other wise it is better to be prepared for a job and then go for CS. Both MBA and M.Com are good courses to pursue and giving more job opportunities. Still, MBA may give you jobs in different fields as manager, administrator etc. You can prepare for CAT, and based on the score in it, you will get admission for MBA. Still, you can find institutes which are giving admission based on your 12th score or university's own tests. Such institutes are Lovely Professional University, SRM university, VITU etc. 

Hello Mohit.. Being an IAS aspirant, it will be good fr you to pursue your BA in social science and then prepare for civil service. It is better than BA in spanish eventhough it is from JNU. 

BSc agriculture one of the demanding course of the time. You can find a lot of job opportunities after bachelors and post graduation course in agriculture like Agricultural inspectors, Agricultural Officers, Food quality inspectors, Agriculture or Horticulture Development officers etc. Leading institute for agriculture courses are Tamil nadu agriculture university, Bundelkhand university, lovely Professional University etc. You can get good placement opportunities from these institutes as      they are conducting placement drives every year. 

0 answer in Public Admin & Government category

0 answer in Public Admin & Government category

Hi Preeti, It is indeed so sad to see that those teachers who provide the light of knowledge to lot of students remain underpaid in India. The salary and working conditions in most of the private schools are not at all rewarding. It is quite natural that you start thinking of changing your profession.  Well there are many options before you if you are seriously contemplating about a profession change. Since you haven't mentioned your subject, age and interested areas, I cannot give specific advice. But don't loose your heart and go forward with determination. At any age we can think of a

1 answer Bibin S Nath in Public Admin & Government category
0 answer in Public Admin & Government category
0 answer in Public Admin & Government category

Hello Sumbul,  You have approached the right place. We counselors here can help you sort out your confusion. But before that write specifically about yourself, stating your qualification and the post graduate course you are interested in. Wish you good luck...

1 answer Meghna Mukherjee in Public Admin & Government category