accounting courses after 12th is known as the process of keeping financial accounts. Accountants are responsible for estimating the economic activities of an institution and forwarding this information to the investors, creditors, management, and regulators. It has been a field that is ever demanding and the backbone of every business entity. Here is an article on Career In Accounting And Finance After 12th Commerce .
Career in Accounting and Finance after 12th Commerce
The profession of an accountant is a respected one in the country. There are various types of accounting such as auditing and tax accounting, management accounting, financial accounting, etc. the professionals who have qualified in accounting are titled Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Take accounting and finance courses :- There are many courses available in accounting and finance at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Taking these courses will give you the foundation you need to pursue a career in this field.
- Participate in extracurricular activities :- You can learn the skills and get the knowledge necessary for a job in accounting and finance by being engaged in a variety of extracurricular activities. Among these are volunteering for accounting and finance organisations, taking part in internships, and joining accounting and finance clubs.
- Network with professionals in the industry :- You may learn more about the sector and meet possible employers by connecting with people in the accounting and finance fields. By going to industry events, joining organisations for professionals, and getting in touch with people you know who work in the business, you can network with professionals.
Chartered Accountant (CA)
The professional designation of “Chartered Accountancy” (CA) is in accounting courses after 12th and finance. It is a credential that is granted by professional accounting authorities in numerous nations and is accepted around the world. CAs are capable of doing a variety of tasks, such as auditing, tax preparation, financial reporting, and business consulting.
You must finish a demanding training course that usually takes three to five years to complete in order to become a CA. The programme combines classroom learning with real-world application and professional exams. CAs are highly skilled professionals who play a vital role in the business world.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a Company Secretary :-
- High earning potential :- Chartered Accountants can expect to make a comfortable living, with an annual compensation of over $100,000 on average in the United States.
- Job security :- Chartered Accountants are highly sought after, and demand is projected to increase in the upcoming years.
- Opportunities for career advancement :- Chartered Accountants can rise to top positions like partner or chief financial officer.
- Professional recognition :- Governments and businesses all across the world accept Chartered Accountants as professionals.
Company Secretary (CS)
An expert who is certified to advise and assist businesses on a variety of legal, regulatory, and administrative issues is known as a company secretary (CS). CSs are in charge of making sure that businesses abide by all applicable laws and regulations, and they also play a crucial part in the administration and planning of businesses’ strategic initiatives.
People must successfully finish a three-year programme of study and a set of tests given by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) in order to become CSs. Here are some of the key responsibilities of a Company Secretary :-
- High earning potential :- CSs can command incomes that are significantly more than the national average because to their high demand.
- Job security :- As organisations get more complicated and fall under more regulatory scrutiny, there will likely be a greater demand for CSs in the years to come.
- Career satisfaction :- CSs have the chance to work in a range of industries and truly impact the prosperity of companies.
Cost and Management Accountant (CMA)
A Cost and Management Accountant (CMA) is a professional accountant who specializes in cost accounting and management accounting. CMAs work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, and retail. They use their skills to help businesses make informed decisions about pricing, budgeting, and production.
The CMA certification program is a rigorous program that covers a wide range of topics, including cost accounting, management accounting, financial reporting, and taxation. The CMA exam is a four-part exam that tests your knowledge of these topics. Here are some of the benefits of becoming a CMA :-
- Higher earning potential :- CMAs earn higher salaries than non-CMAs.
- Increased job opportunities :- There is a high demand for CMAs in the workforce.
- Professional development :- The CMA certification program provides you with the opportunity to learn new skills and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in cost and management accounting.
- Career advancement :- The CMA designation can help you advance your career to higher-level positions, such as controller or chief financial officer.
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) is a three-year undergraduate degree program in commerce, economics, accountancy, business law, taxation, and financing. It is a popular degree program that is offered by many universities and colleges around the world.
The B.Com. degree program provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to pursue careers in a variety of fields, including accounting, finance, economics, marketing, and management. Students who graduate with a B.Com. degree are well-prepared for entry-level positions in these fields, and they also have the foundation they need to pursue further education or training. Here are some of the career paths that you can pursue with a B.Com. degree :-
- Accountant :- Accountants are in charge of keeping track of and recording financial transactions, creating financial statements, and giving advise on money matters.
- Financial analyst :- Research and analysis on financial markets and securities are done by financial analysts. They use this data to support investment decisions made by firms.
- Economist :- Economists research the state of the economy and how it affects both businesses and people. They use this information to support commercial decision-making in the areas of pricing, production, and marketing.
- Marketer :- Marketers create and put into action marketing plans to advertise and sell goods and services. To develop successful marketing efforts, they draw on their understanding of psychology, sociology, and economics.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate-level degree that provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to lead and manage businesses. MBA programs typically cover a wide range of topics, including accounting, finance, marketing, operations, and strategy. MBA programs can be found at both public and private universities, and they can be full-time or part-time. Full-time MBA programs typically last two years, while part-time MBA programs can last three or four years.
MBA programs can be a great investment for those who want to advance their careers in business. MBA graduates typically earn higher salaries than those with a bachelor’s degree in business. They also have better job prospects and are more likely to be promoted. Here are some of the benefits of getting an MBA :-
- Higher salaries :- MBA graduates typically earn higher salaries than those with a bachelor’s degree in business.
- Better job prospects :- MBA graduates have better job prospects and are more likely to be promoted.
- Increased knowledge and skills :- MBA programs provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in business.
- Networking opportunities :- MBA programs provide students with the opportunity to network with other professionals in the business world.
- Personal development :- MBA programs can help students develop their leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
FAQs About Study Accounting and Finance after 12th Commerce
Q. What are the career prospects for accounting and finance graduates?
A. accounting courses after 12th and finance graduates have a wide range of career options available to them. They can work in a variety of industries, including banking, insurance, investment, and consulting. They can also work in government, education, and non-profit organizations. accounting courses after 12th and finance graduates are in high demand, and their salaries are often very competitive.
Q. What are the requirements for studying accounting and finance?
A. To study accounting courses after 12th and finance, you will need to have a strong foundation in mathematics and English. You will also need to be able to think logically and solve problems. Some universities may also require you to have taken certain courses in high school, such as economics or business.
Q. How much do accounting and finance professionals earn?
A. The salaries of accounting courses after 12th and finance professionals vary depending on their level of education, experience, and the industry they work in. However, in general, accounting and finance professionals earn a good salary. accounting courses after 12th to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for accountants and auditors in the United States was $71,550 in 2023.
Ideal Career Test
A thorough evaluation tool called the Ideal Career Test was created to help people choose careers that match their interests, aptitudes, values, and personality qualities. This test seeks to help people make educated judgements about their career choices by offering insightful information about the kinds of jobs and work environments that would be a suitable fit for them.
The test begins by evaluating an individual’s interests and passions. It explores their preferences for various activities, hobbies, and subjects. This assessment helps identify areas that genuinely captivate the individual and can guide them towards career paths that align with their personal interests.
The assessment also evaluates an individual’s skills and aptitudes. It explores their strengths in different areas such as problem-solving, communication, creativity, leadership, and technical abilities. By understanding their skill set, individuals can identify careers that allow them to leverage their natural talents and develop their potential.
Personality factors have a significant role in the evaluation as well. The test investigates a person’s personality traits, including agreeableness, conscientiousness, emotional stability, openness to new experiences, and extroversion/introversion. People can find employment that suit their temperament and work methods, as well as jobs that offer a supportive atmosphere for personal development and professional satisfaction, by taking into account their personality profile.