What to do after the 12th? With so many options available, choosing what to do can be a very difficult and confusing decision for some. Here is the list of courses you can choose from after Class 12th if you are an arts or humanities student. There are several career options available for students who have completed their 12th grade in the arts or humanities stream. These options can be further divided into various fields such as literature, social sciences, performing arts, fine arts, law, and journalism, among others. You will read about “Career options for 12th arts or humanities students” in this blog.
Career Options for 12th Arts or Humanities Students
Overall, students who have completed their 12th grade in the arts or humanities stream have a wide range of career options available to them. With the right education and training, they can pursue a fulfilling career in their chosen field. Know More Details On Career Counselling For Class 11 & 12 Students .
Bachelor Of Arts (B.A.)
A Bachelor of Arts (BA) is a bachelor’s degree awarded for an undergraduate course of study in the liberal arts and sciences. It is typically a four-year degree that requires students to complete a general education core curriculum, as well as courses in their chosen major. BA degrees can be earned in a wide variety of fields, including English, history, philosophy, political science, social science, and mathematics.
The requirements for a BA degree vary from school to school, but they typically include a minimum of 120 credit hours. Students must also complete a general education core curriculum, which typically includes courses in English, math, science, social science, and humanities. In addition, students must complete courses in their chosen major. BA degrees are awarded by colleges and universities around the world. They are a valuable credential that can help students advance their careers and achieve their goals.
Here are some of the benefits of earning a Bachelor of Arts degree :-
- Increased earning potential :- According to studies, employees with a bachelor’s degree make a lot more money than individuals with merely a high school education.
- Improved job prospects :- Numerous employment options might be made available by earning a bachelor’s degree.
- Enhanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills :- You can acquire the critical thinking and problem-solving abilities necessary in today’s workforce with the aid of a BA degree.
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the world :- Your education will be wide and well-rounded with a BA, which will help you better understand the world.
- Greater personal satisfaction :- A BA degree can be a fulfilling and enlightening experience that will aid in your personal development.
Fashion Designing focuses on developing skills like creating original designs for garments, luggage, jewelry, footwear, etc. in the students, depending on their areas of interest. The students study the ever-changing fashion trends as well as their acceptance, rejection, and overall impact on the market, society, and environment. You can later find decent employment opportunities in export houses, garment manufacturing units, textile companies, designer wear showrooms, etc.
You must finish a degree programme in fashion design in order to become a fashion designer. These programmes frequently include classes in textiles, pattern making, draping, and fashion history. Additionally, you must build a solid portfolio of your work. After completing your schooling, you might start your work as an intern or assistant designer. With time and experience, you may establish your own fashion business or advance to the position of designer.
Bachelor Of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
If you’re wondering what to do after 12th Arts & Humanities, one of the most opted career choice among students after 12th is fine arts. Bachelor of Fine Arts is the perfect career option. If you complete your graduation with a BFA, you’ll not only gain a proper education in your chosen field, but you’ll also learn creative skills that will help you a lot in life. B.F.graduates become Teachers/ Professors, Creative Writers, Professional Dancers/ Singers/ Musicians, Art Directors, Theatre/Drama Actors, the options are limitless.
BFA programmes can be an excellent method for students to advance their knowledge and abilities in the arts. They can also give pupils the groundwork they require to pursue an artistic career. Following graduation, BFA holders could work in a range of industries, including graphic design, advertising, fashion, and museums.
The following are some advantages of earning a BFA degree :-
- Gain knowledge and abilities in the arts :- BFA programmes give students the chance to study alongside seasoned designers and artists. Additionally, they provide students with the chance to hone their abilities in a range of environments, including studios, galleries, and museums.
- Obtain the necessary groundwork for a career in the arts :- A BFA degree can provide you with the groundwork required to pursue a profession in the arts. Many BFA holders pursue careers in graphic design, advertising, fashion, museums, or art education.
- Connect with other artists and industry professionals :- BFA programmes can assist you in connecting with other artists and industry professionals. This can be advantageous if you’re looking for employment or possibilities to display your work.
- Investigate many artistic disciplines :- A lot of BFA programmes give students the chance to investigate several artistic disciplines. This can assist you in finding your interest and improving a range of talents.
Q. What exactly is a bachelor’s in fine arts?
A. A bachelor’s degree in fine arts (BFA) is an undergraduate degree that emphasises giving students a thorough education in the fine arts. The curriculum often includes instruction in a variety of artistic mediums, including printmaking, photography, ceramics, sculpture, painting, and drawing.
Q. What requirements must one meet to earn a bachelor’s in fine arts?
A. The requirements for a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree can differ from one institution to another. But generally, applicants must have passed the 10+2 exam, or its equivalent, from a reputable board with a minimum overall score of 50%. Some institutions may also demand that applicants take an entrance exam and/or submit an artwork portfolio.
Q. What career options are open to someone with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree?
A. Candidates with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree can work in a variety of industries, including advertising, media, publishing, education, and the fine arts business, as artists, designers, art directors, illustrators, photographers, or instructors.
Bachelor Of Event Management (B.E.M.)
In today’s world, events have become an important part of our lives – be it in the world of music, television, politics, or sports. Pursuing a management course in Event Management will enable you to become a successful event manager. It will help you to develop the required skills including event bidding, project planning, financial reporting, and marketing for events. Today, there’s a huge demand for event managers, and pursuing a career in Event Management can be a very good decision.
The majority of programmes need applicants to have a high school diploma or the equivalent, while some may also require SAT or ACT scores. Admission criteria vary by programme. The Bureau of Labour Statistics predicts a 13% employment growth for event managers between 2023 and 2030, which is faster than the average for all occupations. This indicates a positive job outlook for this profession. Corporate settings, nonprofit organisations, governmental institutions, and event planning companies are just a few of the places where event managers might find employment.
The following are some advantages of earning a bachelor’s degree in event management :-
- Learn the planning and management techniques required for events of all sizes and sorts.
- Develop effective interpersonal, collaborative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Develop a contact list in the event business.
- Utilise practicums and internships to gain practical experience.
- Prepare for a satisfying and successful career in event management.
Bachelor Of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Bachelor of Business Administration is one of the most popular courses among 12th class students. Specializations offered under B.B.A. include Management, Sales, Finance, and Knowledge Technology. Students have a choice between regular and correspondence B.B.A. degree. This course provides a solid foundation for developing business acumen, business administration, and entrepreneurial skills, so the students emerge as leaders of the future. Any candidate who wishes to pursue a B.B.A. degree should possess great communication skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, and the ability to listen to others. After getting a B.B.A. degree, students can easily bag high-profile jobs like Manager, HR Head, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, and R&D. Know More Details On BBA ADMISSION AND GUIDANCE SERVICE.
The BBA degree is a valuable credential for anyone interested in a career in business. It provides students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to succeed in the competitive business world.
Here are some of the benefits of earning a BBA degree:
- Broad knowledge of business :- BBA programmes teach students about the various functional areas of business, such as accounting, finance, marketing, and management, giving them a broad understanding of the industry. Students gain a comprehensive understanding of how businesses function as a result of this.
- Practical skills :- BBA programmes also instruct students in practical abilities like public speaking, problem solving, and business writing. Success in the business sector requires certain abilities.
- Career opportunities :- There are numerous professional paths available to BBA graduates. They can work in a range of fields, including management, accounting, finance, and marketing.
- Salary potential :- BBA graduates have a great earning potential. For BBA grads, the average yearly pay is $63,140.
Bachelor Of Building Management (B.H.M.)
The course helps the students develop the much-needed skills in the field of food production, front workplace operation, catering, etc. It’s one of the most effective business management courses and therefore the scope of getting placements in top-notch hotels is very high. Graduates can get job offers in a variety of public as well as non-public enterprises.
BHM graduates have a variety of career options available to them. They may work as construction managers, architects, project managers, facilities managers, or in other related fields. BHM graduates are also in high demand by government agencies, non-profits, and other organizations that need skilled professionals to manage and maintain buildings.
Here are some of the benefits of pursuing a BHM degree :-
- High earning potential :- BHM graduates earn a good salary, with the median annual wage for construction managers being $104,370 in 2023.
- Job security :- The job outlook for BHM graduates is very good, with employment expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations.
- Variety of career options :- BHM graduates have a variety of career options available to them, including working as construction managers, architects, project managers, facilities managers, or in other related fields.
- Opportunities for advancement :- BHM graduates have the opportunity to advance their careers through further education and experience.
Bachelor Of Journalism And Mass Communication (B.J.M.)
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication is a 3-year course divided into six semesters. The course offers specializations in Print Journalism, TV and Radio Production, TV Production and Writing, Advertising and Promotion, Event Management, Social Media, Film Studies, and Media Law and Ethics. B.J.M. program aims to make socially accountable media professionals with excellent communication skills. In the duration of the course, students are exposed and introduced to several different aspects of media, and hence, after the completion of the course, they’re ready for real-world roles. B.J.M. graduates can pursue a career in Radio, Journalism (both print and digital), TV production, Films, sales & Advertising, among other things. Know More Details on CERTIFICATION COURSE FOR GUIDING WORKING PROFESSIONAL.
The cost of attending a BJMC program varies depending on the school and the program. In general, tuition and fees for a BJMC program are comparable to those of other undergraduate programs. However, some schools offer scholarships and financial aid to help students afford the cost of tuition.
Here are some of the benefits of pursuing a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) degree :-
- Gain the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in a career in journalism, public relations, advertising, or another related field.
- Develop your writing, reporting, editing, photography, videography, and research skills.
- Gain hands-on experience through internships and coursework that allows you to produce your own content.
- Network with professionals in the media industry.
- Prepare for a variety of careers in the media industry.
FAQs About Study Arts & Humanities
Q. What are Arts and Humanities?
A. Arts and Humanities are academic disciplines that focus on the study of human culture, behavior, language, and expression. They include subjects like literature, languages, philosophy, history, art, music, theater, and cultural studies.
Q. What are the career opportunities in Arts and Humanities?
A. There are numerous career opportunities in Arts and Humanities, including fields such as education, journalism, publishing, advertising, public relations, arts management, social work, non-profit organizations, and many more.
Q. What are the skills required to excel in Arts and Humanities?
A. To excel in Arts and Humanities, you need to have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, effective communication skills, creativity, problem-solving abilities, and cultural awareness.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for studying Arts and Humanities?
A. The eligibility criteria for studying Arts and Humanities vary depending on the institution and program. Generally, students must have completed their 12th standard or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate percentage.
Ideal Career Test
A thorough evaluation tool called the Ideal Career Test was created to help people choose careers that match their interests, aptitudes, values, and personality qualities. This test seeks to help people make educated judgements about their career choices by offering insightful information about the kinds of jobs and work environments that would be a suitable fit for them.
The test begins by evaluating an individual’s interests and passions. It explores their preferences for various activities, hobbies, and subjects. This assessment helps identify areas that genuinely captivate the individual and can guide them towards career paths that align with their personal interests.
The assessment also evaluates an individual’s skills and aptitudes. It explores their strengths in different areas such as problem-solving, communication, creativity, leadership, and technical abilities. By understanding their skill set, individuals can identify careers that allow them to leverage their natural talents and develop their potential.
Personality factors have a significant role in the evaluation as well. The test investigates a person’s personality traits, including agreeableness, conscientiousness, emotional stability, openness to new experiences, and extroversion/introversion. People can find employment that suit their temperament and work methods, as well as jobs that offer a supportive atmosphere for personal development and professional satisfaction, by taking into account their personality profile.