Best Career Options After 12th ARTS is one the very versatile stream offered after 10th standard. This stream is termed as versatile due to plenty of job opportunities you get, coming from this background. Among the three streams, this is the most theoretical subject i.e. the major subjects have more of theory syllabus as compared to science or commerce stream. Here is article on best career options after Class 12th arts.
Best Career Options After 12th Class
The major subjects in Arts stream are geography, history, economics, political science, law, sociology, mass communication and many more that varies from institution to institution. You can choose any of the mentioned subjects to pursue higher studies In this article we shall try to list out all possible career options available for humanities/arts students. You can also check ideal career test.
Fashion design is the art of applying design, aesthetics, clothing construction and natural beauty to clothing and its accessories. It is influenced by culture and different trends, and has varied over time and place. “A fashion designer creates clothing, including dresses, suits, pants, and skirts, and accessories like shoes and handbags, for consumers. He or she can specialize in clothing, accessory, or jewelry design, or may work in more than one of these areas.”
A fashion designer conceives garment combinations of line, proportion, color, and texture. While sewing and pattern-making skills are beneficial, they are not a pre-requisite of successful fashion design. Most fashion designers are formally trained or apprenticed. A technical designer works with the design team and the factories overseas to ensure correct garment construction, appropriate fabric choices and a good fit.
- Creativity :- Fashion designers must be imaginative and possess a strong sense of style. They must be able to create fresh, cutting-edge designs that appeal to customers.
- Technical abilities :- Strong technical abilities in pattern making, draping, and sewing are necessary for fashion designers. They must be able to convert their designs into wearable items of clothing.
- Business skills :- Strong business abilities, such as those in marketing, sales, and budgeting, are essential for fashion designers. They must be capable of managing a flourishing firm.
- Communication abilities :- Fashion designers must be able to speak clearly with a range of individuals, including customers, suppliers, and retailers. They must be able to articulate their concepts and designs.
A bachelor’s degree in interior design or a closely related discipline is often required of interior designers. They might have also had prior experience as an intern or assistant to an interior designer. Drawing, sketching, and building 3D models of their designs are all necessary skills for interior designers. Additionally, they must be proficient at using CAD software to produce floor plans, elevations, and renderings.
Numerous clients, including private individuals, corporations, and governmental organisations, are served by interior designers. They might work on a range of tasks, such as new building, remodelling, and space planning. Although they frequently work for interior design firms, interior designers can also work for themselves.
- Creativity :- Interior designers must possess a strong sense of style and be creative. They must be creative and original when it comes to choosing furniture, decorating with accent pieces, and organising the room.
- Technical proficiency :- Interior designers must possess excellent technical proficiency in areas like drafting, sketching, and CAD use. They must be able to translate their concepts into lifelike representations and drawings.
- Communication abilities :- Interior designers must be proficient communicators with a wide range of individuals, including clients, architects, and contractors. They must be able to articulate their concepts and plans.
- Problem-solving abilities :- Interior designers must be able to work through issues and find innovative solutions. They could have to deal with constrained resources, physical limitations, and the demands of various stakeholders.
- Business knowledge :- Interior designers should be somewhat business-savvy. They must be able to successfully manage their time and resources as well as sell their services to prospective customers.
A bachelor’s degree in event management or a closely related field is typically required for event managers, though they may also have prior experience working as an event planner’s assistant or intern. Event management is the process of planning and organising events, such as conferences, trade shows, and concerts. event managers work with a variety of stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and attendees to ensure that events run smoothly and meet the expectations of all involved.
Event managers need to be able to plan, coordinate, and carry out events on schedule and within a set budget. Additionally, they must possess excellent communication skills with a wide range of individuals, including customers, suppliers, and attendees.The Bureau of Labour Statistics reported that in May 2023, the median annual wage for event managers was $48,460. Event managers are expected to see an increase in employment of 11% between 2023 and 2030, which is about average for all occupations.
The following are some essential abilities that event organisers require :-
- Planning and organization skills :- Event managers must have the ability to plan and organise events on schedule and within a set budget. They must be able to set thorough timetables and schedules, track spending, and make necessary revisions.
- Communication abilities :- Event managers must be able to speak clearly with a variety of people, including customers, suppliers, and attendees. They must be able to manage expectations, settle problems, and properly communicate their thoughts and intentions.
- Problem-solving abilities :- Event organisers must be able to work through issues and find innovative solutions. They could have to deal with constrained resources, physical limitations, and the demands of various stakeholders.
- Teamwork abilities :- Event managers must be able to function well in a collaborative environment. They must be able to assign duties, work cooperatively, and forge agreement.
- Leadership abilities :- Event organisers must have the ability to inspire and lead others. They must be able to clearly define the goals of an event and inspire and motivate people to work towards those goals.
The process of controlling and organising a hotel’s operations, including its guest services, housekeeping, food and beverage delivery, and human resources, is known as hotel management. Hotel managers need to be skilled in managing people, finances, and resources while also having a solid grasp of the hospitality sector.
As the tourism sector keeps developing, the hotel management industry is expanding quickly. Hotel managers’ employment is expected to increase by 12 percent in the US between 2023 and 2030, which is faster than the average for all occupations. Here are some of the key skills and responsibilities of a hotel manager :-
- Hotel Manager :- Hotel managers are in charge of running a hotel as a whole. They are in charge of managing all facets of the hotel, including housekeeping, maintenance, and services for food and drinks.
- Front Office Manager :- Front office managers are in charge of running a hotel’s front desk. They welcome visitors, check them in and out, and answer questions from customers.
- Restaurant Manager :- Restaurant managers are in charge of running a hotel’s dining establishment. They make ensuring that customers have a satisfying eating experience while also supervising the kitchen, dining room and bar employees.
- Housekeeping Manager :- Housekeeping managers are in charge of maintaining the guest rooms and common areas of a hotel. They supervise the housekeeping team and guarantee that the hotel is spotless and well-kept throughout.
- Executive Chef :- The management of a hotel’s whole food and beverage operation falls under the purview of the executive chef. They plan the meals, direct the kitchen personnel, and guarantee the best possible food.
A broad phrase, “graphic design” includes a variety of visual communication and problem-solving activities. Typography, imagery, colour, and shape are used by graphic designers to create visual compositions that convey concepts and messages. They produce a wide range of marketing materials, advertising campaigns, websites, and more for a wide range of clients, including businesses, NGOs, and people.
A creative and gratifying career is graphic design. Graphic design may be the ideal career for you if you have a passion for art and design and are a strong problem-solver. The following are some of the abilities a graphic designer should possess :-
- Creativity :- Graphic designers need to be able to generate unique concepts and ideas.
- Problem-solving :- Graphic designers need to be able to come up with innovative solutions that work.
- Technical proficiency :- Graphic designers must be proficient with a range of design software.
- Communication skills :- Graphic designers must be able to communicate their ideas to clients and other stakeholders.
- Teamwork skills :- Graphic designers often work on teams, so they must be able to collaborate effectively with others.
FAQs About Study Best Career Options After 12th Class
Q. What are the various forms of art?
A. Arts come in a variety of forms, including performing, literary, visual, and culinary arts. Painting, drawing, sculpture, and photography are all examples of visual arts. Theatre, music, and dance are examples of performing arts. Filmmaking, poetry, and writing are all examples of literary arts. The culinary arts encompass pastry making, baking, and cooking.
Q. What advantages come from learning the arts?
A. The advantages of learning the arts are numerous. Your creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication abilities can all be improved through the arts. You may develop your self-esteem and confidence through the arts. Additionally, the arts can foster community and interpersonal relationships.
Q. What qualifications are needed for each job path?
A. Every profession option has a different set of prerequisites. The majority of job opportunities, meanwhile, call for a bachelor’s degree. A portfolio of past work is also necessary for some professions, like fashion design and interior design.
Q. What are the employment outlooks for each career path?
A. Each career path has a different outlook on employment. The majority of professional opportunities, however, are predicted to expand in the upcoming years. The Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS) predicts that from 2023 to 2030, there will be a 13% increase in the number of jobs in fashion design, which is faster than the average for all occupations. Additionally, according to the BLS, employment in the field of interior design will increase by 11% between 2023 and 2030, outpacing the average for all occupations.
Ideal Career Test
A thorough evaluation tool called the Ideal Career Test was created to help people choose careers that match their interests, aptitudes, values, and personality qualities. This test seeks to help people make educated judgements about their career choices by offering insightful information about the kinds of jobs and work environments that would be a suitable fit for them.
The test begins by evaluating an individual’s interests and passions. It explores their preferences for various activities, hobbies, and subjects. This assessment helps identify areas that genuinely captivate the individual and can guide them towards career paths that align with their personal interests.
The assessment also evaluates an individual’s skills and aptitudes. It explores their strengths in different areas such as problem-solving, communication, creativity, leadership, and technical abilities. By understanding their skill set, individuals can identify careers that allow them to leverage their natural talents and develop their potential.
Personality factors have a significant role in the evaluation as well. The test investigates a person’s personality traits, including agreeableness, conscientiousness, emotional stability, openness to new experiences, and extroversion/introversion. People can find employment that suit their temperament and work methods, as well as jobs that offer a supportive atmosphere for personal development and professional satisfaction, by taking into account their personality profile.